Making new friends/getting a girlfriend at 42

I’m sure some people do.
I went away to uni and had plenty of friends to go out with, but they could never replicate the crack you got at home. For example, on my 21st I managed to get about 4 people out to celebrate with a few quiet drinks. Back home it would be 20+ people on a massive fancy dress pub crawl with attendance compulsory. I could understand people wanting to move away if their home life was like the former, but not the latter.
Your benchmark of home life is a fancy dress party for your 21st? Jesus christ Dave.

Your benchmark of home life is a fancy dress party for your 21st? Jesus christ Dave.
Kind of. There’s nothing I enjoyed more than being out with the lads on the piss. So there’s nothing that you could have tempted me with to give that up. You work to earn beer money so why would you move away for a job where you had no mates to spend it with?
I also come from a family of homebirds. My grandparents lived round here; my parents still do, bother does, aunt does. I’d be heartbroken if the kids ever decided they wanted to move away.

Goody. You are very easy to find a pressie for. It's great. You still OK with Red Marl ?
Well lamberts are my tab of choice but I don’t think you can get them, so anything will do if they’re free:D

Last edited:
Well lamberts are my tab of choice but I don’t think you can get them, so anything will do if they’re free:D

Can't get the Lamberts ones here but Red Marl are everywhere. I can just cross the road to the garage and get you some. And of course they are free, when did I ever bring you a pressie with a bill ? :lol:

I've posted a thread in the 5 aside forum that doesn't seem to notify the peeps I've tagged.
Anyway, who's still up for it?

Me
Ouro
DaveS
Venkman

So far.

Kind of. There’s nothing I enjoyed more than being out with the lads on the piss. So there’s nothing that you could have tempted me with to give that up. You work to earn beer money so why would you move away for a job where you had no mates to spend it with?
I also come from a family of homebirds. My grandparents lived round here; my parents still do, bother does, aunt does. I’d be heartbroken if the kids ever decided they wanted to move away.

Logon or register to see this image

We can book goals at Bede centre Durham rd for £40, so not bad, we just need bodies.

I've posted a thread in the 5 aside forum that doesn't seem to notify the peeps I've tagged.
Anyway, who's still up for it?

Me
Ouro
DaveS
Venkman

So far.
Sorry mate, I realise I was the catalyst for the game but I won’t be here. I’m in the process of moving back to where I grew up, got a job in another tattoo shop down there (pays double) and all my old friends are welcoming me back with open arms! Looks like I’m Dave Herbal after all.

I met someone in my 40’s having been married before, we got married two years ago just before my 50th Birthday.

Get your guitar out, play in a band, write a song that sells a million and watch what happens! :lol:😂

Sorry mate, I realise I was the catalyst for the game but I won’t be here. I’m in the process of moving back to where I grew up, got a job in another tattoo shop down there (pays double) and all my old friends are welcoming me back with open arms! Looks like I’m Dave Herbal after all.

how you getting on since the original post mate?

Back