Making new friends/getting a girlfriend at 42

We have a thing going round our drs surgeries called a Social Prescriber.
I’m not sure if it’s age related but basically they are like the yella pages for stuff to do. Social isolation isn’t just for old people. Young people can struggle too especially if you have moved about a bit.
It might be a local thing to us but you never know. You need a bit of a change of mindset to do stuff however and only you know when that time is but there are people out there that can signpost

So he left his mates and moved away and ended up back up here? Schoolboy error there. Never leave your mates in the first place.
Why not? It’s a canny world out there

Last edited:
We have a thing going round our drs surgeries called a Social Prescriber.
I’m not sure if it’s age related but basically they are like the yella pages for stuff to do. Social isolation isn’t just for old people. Young people can struggle too especially if you have moved about a bit.
It might be a local thing to us but you never know. You need a bit of a change of mindset to do stuff however and only you know when that time is but there are people out there that can signpost

Why not? It’s a canny world out there
I’m just m saying it’s not for everybody. It worked out fine for you, but it might be different if we’d all moved away and there was nobody to have a Wemma gang with, for example.
Depends what your life priorities are and how many friends you have in the first place I suppose. Personally speaking, there was nowhere I’d rather have been in my 20s than out with the lads every weekend. Wild horses wouldn’t have dragged me to move away.

So far.
@WillD
@jedi_toaster
@Venkman
@Kevsgreat
@Seaham Towny
@Goat Eyes
@tunstall birdman
@ouro
@D.A
@MooBaaOink

Even though that's 10, I still think we would need a couple of reserves or subs.Do we need managers @Wilfy @ChrisHunt @Mackem00 (lol) @Bishop Mackem
Doesn’t seem many considering the dozens of SMBers who must play 5 a side every week. I play with 4 for a start.

Last edited:
The best place to pick up birds I find is at yoga.

Not that I’ve picked any birds up at yoga yet but they love the sight of a young muscular buck doing warrior 2s and all seem to chat to me

@WillD
@jedi_toaster
@Venkman
@Kevsgreat
@Seaham Towny
@Goat Eyes
@tunstall birdman
@ouro
@D.A
@MooBaaOink
@rocky
@Boy

Looking good so far.

I’m just m saying it’s not for everybody. It worked out fine for you, but it might be different if we’d all moved away and there was nobody to have a Wemma gang with, for example.
Depends what your life priorities are and how many friends you have in the first place I suppose. Personally speaking, there was nowhere I’d rather have been in my 20s than out with the lads every weekend. Wild horses wouldn’t have dragged me to move away.

Doesn’t seem many considering the dozens of SMBers who must play 5 a side every week. I play with 4 for a start.
The Op hasn't played for a while and it's not too competitive, though we do want a decent game.

Last edited by a moderator:

No you don't - you drop them in it every week

Where as I needed more than that

Where as I needed more than that
I’m sure some people do.
I went away to uni and had plenty of friends to go out with, but they could never replicate the crack you got at home. For example, on my 21st I managed to get about 4 people out to celebrate with a few quiet drinks. Back home it would be 20+ people on a massive fancy dress pub crawl with attendance compulsory. I could understand people wanting to move away if their home life was like the former, but not the latter.

The best place to pick up birds I find is at yoga.

Not that I’ve picked any birds up at yoga yet but they love the sight of a young muscular buck doing warrior 2s and all seem to chat to me

I went to an evening class of yoga many moons ago with a couple of mates when I worked at the radio. It was an interetsing evening but was cut short when one of the ladies let out a great big fart. We tried but just couldn't stop giggling and ended up being asked to leave. :oops:

Back