Making new friends/getting a girlfriend at 42

So he left his mates and moved away and ended up back up here? Schoolboy error there. Never leave your mates in the first place.
David, life isn’t that simple.

Where I grew up, where the majority of my friends are, is stupidly expensive to live. My friend just bought a house for over 300k and it wouldn’t be out of place in pennywell. We moved up here so we could buy a house and hopefully our kids could have a good life as we’d have money to spare. That was worth more to me than struggling along but at least I’d be near old school friends. I didn’t grow up in Sunderland so have few friends up here, as it turns out a few people have got back in touch as a result of this thread, and a few I contacted personally, so I’m not jumping off a cliff anytime soon.

I don't think you can join a chapter if you don't have a bike which doesn't seem fair.
I forgot to say you can sit back and I’ll do all the work.

Anyway ... I bet you’d be welcomed in a lot of the biker circles I was familiar with, bike or no bike. The joining criteria might not be quite up to your expectations mind.

Yeah, I'm a fairly a-social person and went to school then uni away and worked all over the place so found myself in a similar situation to the OP on coming home for keeps where I knew noone my age.

I think men especially are taught that the only thing potentially worse than being a 'big enough loser to have no mates' is admitting you have no mates, its not a fault, and going to find some. Its ingrained in us from school and is super damaging.
Spot on mate

Back