Making lunch for work

Buy the stuff to make me dinners. Take it to work. Make it in work time and get paid for doing it.
Genius!!!

Currently it’s fusion food for me: pasta salad (big squirt of salad cream, small squirt of mayo) with a chopped up chicken breast that’s been covered in either Chinese 5 spice / Thai 7 spice / madras powder then griddled. Mix the lot up and eat for my bait (OP take note).

Cook a fresh chicken breast night before with salt and a little butter, following morning slice and add to a toasted pitta. Lovely and quite healthy

Usually get a meal from the canteen. So I have my dinner at lunchtime, and my lunch at dinner time. Or translated, my tea at dinner time and my dinner at tea time!

Old mate of mine lived on his own.
Used to buy one of those gala pies with the egg in the middle about a foot long.
Had a couple of slices with chips and peas every week night.
I once asked him if he ever got bored of the same thing , he said aye but on the other hand shopping's a piece of piss.

When you cook your tea the previous night just double the portion size and take that in with you.

Treat mesel on a Friday to something at the food market.
this. if you're on your own it works perfect cas shit normally comes in packs for 2 anyway.

Don't apologise mate. What's not to like about the combination of bacon and beans betwixt a lovely soft white bap?

Usually have spam instead of bacon but fancied a change.
fried corned beef and beans. nectar. (although corned beef f***ing expensive these days) :lol:

You're right, f***ing weird is what I meant mate, rather than interesting.
Not really. It's pretty normal for the birthday boy/girl to treat everyone to a breakfast sarnie/cake on their birthday. It's a bit odd to get the word weird and interesting mixed up mind. Don't you work in the world of word and sentence structure and that?

interesting to see whether bread was toasted and if there was any butter involved. @Mackem00 ?
I'm not a huge fan of butter Nyron mate so I didn't bother. Lovely soft non-toasted white bap. Let the bean juice do the work.

Last edited:
Not really. It's pretty normal for the birthday boy/girl to treat everyone to a breakfast sarnie/cake on their birthday. It's a bit odd to get the word weird and interesting mixed up mind. Don't you work in the world of word and sentence structure and that?

I'm not a huge fan of butter Nyron mate so I didn't bother. Lovely soft non-toasted white bap. Let the bean juice do the work.

I didn't get them mixed up, I was trying to be polite.

I've never been fortunate to have worked somewhere where you might get treated to a breakfast sarnie of Spam and beans.

People don't know what they're missing when they say it's grim up north mind do they?

Back