Making lunch for work

I have a sarnie every day, either ham and pease pudding or ham and tomato. I have had the same thing for years and never get sick of it.
This, not a fan of having to heat up food at work so i have probably ate a ham sarnie and a yoghurt every day for the last 3/4 years.

I usually buy some coleslaw, feta cheese, beetroot, Peppers, raddish, beans, get it all prepared for the week, then hoy a mix of it in a tub.

Anyone do anything different/easier? (apart from spending a fortune in a shop)
Yes i have it for dinner. Lunch is for lasses and puffs iirc.

I try and take a bit of my tea from the night before usually. If not I have a few tins of soup or shitty instant Pasta things I’ll take. I’m usually to lazy and rushing to make anything to be honest.

Usually a sarnie made on the morning and fruit. I vary the sarnie filling a lot as I'd just get bored with the same thing every day.

I often think I should eat less bread, so started taking in rice or pasta, then found being carbs they are rated as just as bad. Now I stick with bread as it is easier, unless we have any rice or pasta left over.

The only other options I could find for an easy healthy dinner is a salad, but I find that it doesn't fill me up.

Usually a sarnie made on the morning and fruit. I vary the sarnie filling a lot as I'd just get bored with the same thing every day.

I often think I should eat less bread, so started taking in rice or pasta, then found being carbs they are rated as just as bad. Now I stick with bread as it is easier, unless we have any rice or pasta left over.

The only other options I could find for an easy healthy dinner is a salad, but I find that it doesn't fill me up.
Add meat, cheese and pulses. Filled up properly.

When did all these microwave dinners and leftovers become a thing? What happened to a sarnie and a bag of crisps? Some lass actually made gravy the other day.

(I just get a load of £1 weight watchers dinners from farm foods like)

Throw some beans in the salad and mix with quinoa or a similar grain and you can bulk it up quite a lot.

Is it that much more healthy adding meat and cheese after dropping bread. I love cheese like, so not a bad idea to add lots of different types.
Don’t go overboard or your calorie intake can rocket, but protein has the effect of quelling hunger so should deal with that. Maybe add some nice whole grains into the mix for some none processed carbs and fibre.

Back