making a will help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lass works ina solicitors and says its always best to get it done by one just in case it is ever challenged by a family member etc when you're not here etc so its best that its water tight and everything covered in it
spot on. That would annoy me greatly, if they came out of the woodwork

Depends on how complicated you want to make it, and how much is involved. If it is just a quick divy out amongst the kids, do it yourself, if mega bucks are involved pay and get proper legal and financial advice
not mega but not little either.

definitely going to get it all legit

Make sure you put the policy into trust (the form will be available from whichever company you go with) as that way it can be paid out quickly to the beneficiaries and avoids the delays of probate
one of my favs , Kevin arnott. Wish we could have three like him, Elliott and rowell to come into the team now.

good tip, cheers

one of my favs , Kevin arnott. Wish we could have three like him, Elliott and rowell to come into the team now.

good tip, cheers

I have a life insurance policy which is set up as a trust so the money can be payable very quickly to my wife. You must name a number of trustees for the trust to be owned by. Can be different to the person who will be receiving the money afaik

I have a life insurance policy which is set up as a trust so the money can be payable very quickly to my wife. You must name a number of trustees for the trust to be owned by. Can be different to the person who will be receiving the money afaik
good stuff, thanks. I have a pension pot, I've nominated who gets that, if I snuff it

it's quite expensive with a solicitor and I was wondering if there are any decent sites to look at and to make a will which would be all legit?

seen an advert about this for a which guide, which they are sending but was wondering, in the mean time, if the SMB legal buffs can point me in the right direction
I'm really trustworthy Stephen. I will PM you my personal details and you can will me your estate as a precautionary measure and if the worst should happen I will make sure the money is distributed out equally to your loved ones.
Also Stephen you have won 50 million Ugandan dollars ....pleases send me your bank account details so I can deposit your money at the earliest convenience .....smiley face.

it's quite expensive with a solicitor and I was wondering if there are any decent sites to look at and to make a will which would be all legit?

seen an advert about this for a which guide, which they are sending but was wondering, in the mean time, if the SMB legal buffs can point me in the right direction
i

It depends on what you own and who your passing it onto...........if its just a house and and savings and you want to leave it to your wife or children ................then a simple form from post office will do as long as it legible and signed ant dated and whitnessed there should be no problems....if you run a business have lots of things to pass down to different people and likely to have children who will contest stuff well then you need a lawyer to make sure there are no loopholes.....a will written on the back of a fag packet may not look good but if you can read it and its dated and signed its as legal as anything a lawyer can produce.If you die(and have a lot to pass on) and dont have a will ..you will see less money going to your dependants as the fees and time delays involved if you die intestate will buy a somebody a nice new motor.

Probably been covered already but we have recently done ours and instead of leaving amounts to each beneficiary we left it as percentages of our estate (i.e. 10% to A 25% to B etc). This might work for you and means there's less need to go back and keep amending it as circumstances change.

Cost me around 400 quid, but mine was complicated that money and property was tied up in different places, not just the UK. So mine was done out of Jersey, for the offshore angle. My parents did theirs some years back and it was around a 100 quid, discounted for Barclays customers, or something like that.

If you look at this link ,depends if your over 55 though. https://freewillsmonth.org.uk/

Depends on how complicated you want to make it, and how much is involved. If it is just a quick divy out amongst the kids, do it yourself, if mega bucks are involved pay and get proper legal and financial advice

This. if its simple you can write it on the back of a cig packet with a couple of signatures on

Use your bank, miles cheaper

Use a solicitor. If all is straightforward and you and your wife know who you want your assets to pass to it won't cost much.

Solicitors even have promotions where they pass their charges to charity. They wouldn't do that if they were charging £££££££££££s.

IIRC, wills for me and our lass were less than £100 about 15 years ago.

Use your bank, miles cheaper
Do not under any circumstances do this.

Last edited:
Use a solicitor. If all is straightforward and you and your wife know who you want your assets to pass to it won't cost much.

Solicitors even have promotions where they pass their charges to charity. They wouldn't do that if they were charging £££££££££££s.

IIRC, wills for me and our lass were less than £100 about 15 years ago.

Do not under any circumstances do this.
One good reason not to please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back