making a will help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

it's quite expensive with a solicitor and I was wondering if there are any decent sites to look at and to make a will which would be all legit?

seen an advert about this for a which guide, which they are sending but was wondering, in the mean time, if the SMB legal buffs can point me in the right direction

I'm thrify but on something important as this, it's best to use a solicitor. When the time comes to use it, you're not going to be around to sort things out if there's a problem. Best to pay now and get it done correctly so it's easy for your loved ones to sort out at a time when they'll be distressed and won't need any extra hassles.

I'm thrify but on something important as this, it's best to use a solicitor. When the time comes to use it, you're not going to be around to sort things out if there's a problem. Best to pay now and get it done correctly so it's easy for your loved ones to sort out at a time when they'll be distressed and won't need any extra hassles.
I agree and may go down that route.

been dealing with a solicitor recently and they've had a good few quid already out of me, so any tips would be handy

it's quite expensive with a solicitor and I was wondering if there are any decent sites to look at and to make a will which would be all legit?

seen an advert about this for a which guide, which they are sending but was wondering, in the mean time, if the SMB legal buffs can point me in the right direction
Going to do this soon anarl Carters lad so interested in replies. Age Concern and Citizens advice was going to be my starting point--for me not you man;)
As I said to you on another thread last night (SS-GB?) Lost my Brother in Law recently and family found that he hadn't made a Will. Meant a 31 page form to be filled out for Probate with lots of supplementary information needed :eek: My Sister in law couldn't even use either of the cars legally initially as registration and insurance in his name with her as 2nd Driver.

I agree and may go down that route.

been dealing with a solicitor recently and they've had a good few quid already out of me, so any tips would be handy

Decide what you want before you go. Mine was quick and easy. I walked in and said what I wanted in the will and he said that was fine and wrote it down. I went back a couple of days later, checked it and signed it. Simple and minimal cost.

Going to do this soon anarl Carters lad so interested in replies. Age Concern and Citizens advice was going to be my starting point--for me not you man;)
As I said to you on another thread last night (SS-GB?) Lost my Brother in Law recently and family found that he hadn't made a Will. Meant a 31 page form to be filled out for Probate with lots of supplementary information needed :eek: My Sister in law couldn't even use either of the cars legally initially as registration and insurance in his name with her as 2nd Driver.
this is my worry, don't want hassle if anything was to happen for the wife or the kids.

would hate to think she had to go to probate etc.

as I said, which magazine have been advertising a will manual today, so I texted EASY1 to 80057, to get the free guide

waiting for a call, I assume now, as they texted back, to confirm they received my request

Did mine about 4 years back, IFA did it FOC when I upgraded my life insurance through him
was thinking of taking out a life policy as well. Will probably go through a cash back website for this

this is my worry, don't want hassle if anything was to happen for the wife or the kids.

as I said, which magazine have been advertising a will manual today, so I texted EASY1 to 80057, to get the free guide

waiting for a call, I assume now, as they texted back, to confirm they received my request
was a hassle for them marra--not helped that my Niece had to come back from Sydney (she was here for Christmas and had only been back 2 weeks when we lost him) and went back home again last Thursday. Nephew lives in Leeds but he spent plenty time with his Mum. We went over there (Cumbria) Friday to be with my Wife`s Sister for 3 nights.
The info they had to provide was Valuations--house, car, investments etc and any gifts last X years over £3.5K. Opened my eyes for sure so now a priority for me to make the process as easy as possible for my Wife and 3 Kids (one in NZ)
He was only 67, probably had as much exercise and fitter this last year than previous 10--Consolation is Post Mortem confirmed the massive heart attack meant he would have felt nothing. RIP mate :cry:

Last edited:

.. Doing one shortly myself soon .. Costing about £150, a relative gave me the advice and I am going with his recommendation .. ffs, If you have got out to leave do it properly. If it costs you an extra fifty quid wtf. Peace of mind is worth much more than saving a few pennies .. My advice is just bite the bullet unless you have other sound advice ..

was a hassle for them marra--not helped that my Niece had to come back from Sydney (she was here for Christmas and had only been back 2 weeks when we lost him) and went back home again last Thursday. Nephew lives in Leeds but he spent plenty time with his Mum. We went over there (Cumbria) to be with my Wife`s Sister for 3 nights.
The info they had to provide was Valuations--house, car, investments etc and any gifts last X years over £3.5K. Opened my eyes for sure so now a priority for me to make the process as easy as possible for my Wife and 3 Kids (one in NZ)
He was only 67, probably had as much exercise and fitter this last year than previous 10--Consolation is Post Mortem confirmed the massive heart attack meant he would have felt nothing. RIP mate :cry:
that would be my worry, we have kids in Australia and Canada, so if anything happened to us, it,would be a right clart on for them

definitely going to get this sorted.

keep all the tips coming all. Good stuff

.. Doing one shortly myself soon .. Costing about £150, a relative gave me the advice and I am going with his recommendation .. ffs, If you have got out to leave do it properly. If it costs you an extra fifty quid wtf. Peace of mind is worth much more than saving a few pennies .. My advice is just bite the bullet unless you have other sound advice ..
that's around the price I was quoted. Seems pretty standard from what I have seen so far.

going to be renting out a house shortly anarl, so will probably need advice on that shortly

Our lass works ina solicitors and says its always best to get it done by one just in case it is ever challenged by a family member etc when you're not here etc so its best that its water tight and everything covered in it

Depends on how complicated you want to make it, and how much is involved. If it is just a quick divy out amongst the kids, do it yourself, if mega bucks are involved pay and get proper legal and financial advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back