Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

The madras is nice, but it's still not the same as you would be used to in a restaurant. We were taken in by the initial "wow" but then once we went back to restaurant madras' it was night and day.

Better than the pre-packed crap still!

Better than sharwoods bottled stir fry sauces I hope. Those all taste the same.

What's the most authentic close to restaurant quality in your experience? I'd make a ring stinger for me and a mild one for the wife

Out of these? None mate! They are nice, just not the same as restaurants. In all honesty they may be BETTER...just not what I'm used to! :lol:

The madras can get quite close - quite, just not the same.

If you like it a bit fruity, try adding mango into the madras...amazing.

I think I prefer the jalfrezi to most take aways and restaurants I've been to.

Wasn't a big fan of the madras myself.

Not yet, but I'll give it a gan like soon

It's very good like for a one without a base gravy. I was just wondering like as I'm never sure what tomatoes to use for it, the ones in Tesco and Waitrose are shite, I was just wondering if anyone had better idea for what ones to use. The ones here in the Netherlands are even worse anarl.

It's very good like for a one without a base gravy. I was just wondering like as I'm never sure what tomatoes to use for it, the ones in Tesco and Waitrose are shite, I was just wondering if anyone had better idea for what ones to use. The ones here in the Netherlands are even worse anarl.
I thought it had base gravy, I will need to research my tomatoes ;)

Anyone got any tips for making these without stinking the entire house out for 3 days?

I make them in a studio flat and have never had that problem like, just open a window or door if you think it's that bad. Don't leave any clothes in the kitchen.
I thought it had base gravy, I will need to research my tomatoes ;)

Aye. :) The only one without a base I think, makes it a regular of mine as I haven't had a freezer for about a year now!

I make them in a studio flat and have never had that problem like, just open a window or door if you think it's that bad. Don't leave any clothes in the kitchen.

Aye. :) The only one without a base I think, makes it a regular of mine as I haven't had a freezer for about a year now!

What about the clothes i'm wearing? Or should I make it naked? :eek:

Base gravy or curry...neither if you ventilate well and not racist ;)

Tea all ower :lol:

Its the ginger/garlic paste that does it I think. I think I put too much fresh ginger in last time like

Back