Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

I'm considering experimenting use the base gravy and garlic chilli ginger onions bit chilli and Madras powder and a few other spices but I'm quite a novice so unsure
I'm a novice and generally follow the recipes to the letter as much as possible. Misty Ricardo is another good channel and both his books are good, find it easier to follow than pausing and unpausing videos on my phone while cooking. :lol:

I'm a novice and generally follow the recipes to the letter as much as possible. Misty Ricardo is another good channel and both his books are good, find it easier to follow than pausing and unpausing videos on my phone while cooking. :lol:
Aye it's a piss on tbh have you used Al's recipes

Would you say there is much difference between Al's and the others or simply the others are easiest just because they are not just on YouTube
Misty Ricardo is just the same as Al's really, definitely recommend his books for the price of them, easier to follow than a video and also explains how to scale up for more than one serving etc. Latifs vids are usually in his restaurant kitchen (prior to covid) he explains them well too.

Misty Ricardo is just the same as Al's really, definitely recommend his books for the price of them, easier to follow than a video and also explains how to scale up for more than one serving etc. Latifs vids are usually in his restaurant kitchen (prior to covid) he explains them well too.
Do most of Misty's use the base gravy

Do you know any decent recipes that don't use it I guess it's one of those things that once you have used the gravy once you won't want to go without
There's a couple on als that don't need it, think it says in the title normally, if you've got a pressure cooker or an instant pot you can do small batches of the gravy. Takes about 15 mins in one of them I just chuck it all in. I cheat with garlic and ginger paste as well, to speed things up

There's a couple on als that don't need it, think it says in the title normally, if you've got a pressure cooker or an instant pot you can do small batches of the gravy. Takes about 15 mins in one of them I just chuck it all in. I cheat with garlic and ginger paste as well, to speed things up
Do you ever make base gravy then just add your own stuff

Mostly, the base gravy is the magic potion that makes them taste proper imo

You done many of al's?
A few of them a few times. I use Latifs for tikka chicken. Since getting Misty's books I've been doing his more. I use Al's base gravy recipe (version 1), got a few tubs of it left in the freezer.

A good thing with Misty's books is that it has qr code on each recipe so you can pull up the video on YouTube .

I find having all the prep done before starting the cook makes it easier and quick once I get going.

A few of them a few times. I use Latifs for tikka chicken. Since getting Misty's books I've been doing his more. I use Al's base gravy recipe (version 1), got a few tubs of it left in the freezer.

A good thing with Misty's books is that it has qr code on each recipe so you can pull up the video on YouTube .

I find having all the prep done before starting the cook makes it easier and quick once I get going.
I don't know if I was missing a trick but als seemed to take a few hrs for the gravy

Back