Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

Anyone recommend a recipe I can make a large batch of in my instant pot?

12 portions or so.
I'm thinking of making tikka chiken or pre-cooked lamb separate, to add in just before serving.
I think @AlsKitchen does a beef curry that I’ve done in the instant pot in a big batch before. Might have done it in the slow cooker actually. Will see if I can remember it.

12 portions or so.
I'm thinking of making tikka chiken or pre-cooked lamb separate, to add in just before serving.
Either a beef or lamb railway curry or w chicken staff curry

Last edited:

12 portions or so.
Either a beef or lamb railway curry or w chicken staff curry
So that's 2 sets of curry, then everyone drops a wobbly egg.

Got it. Ta.
Kept refusing to post 😊
Mutton railway is great

Last edited:
Bloody hell lads, had a bit of a success on my hands last night.

Made a batch of Al's chicken tikka with his newer recipe, and cooked it off in the air fryer. It was absolutely superb (slight overcooked tbh, 5 mins then turn for another 5 next time).

Then I dropped that into a big batch of his 30 minute bhuna that I'd made and froze weeks ago. Had to reduce it down a bit (feature of instant pot cooking), which just meant leaving it on a pan for 30mins. Dropped the tikka chicken in at the end and a bit fresh coriander.
And some freshly made pilau

It was outstanding. Just as good as the freshly made "base gravy" style curries - can't see my making those for a long time now mind. Not when I can just whack ~8 containers worth of a curry into the instant pot and let it cook itself, then store those in the freezer instead of having all the base taking up the space.
And so much time saved.

Made a batch of Al's chicken tikka with his newer recipe, and cooked it off in the air fryer. It was absolutely superb (slight overcooked tbh, 5 mins then turn for another 5 next time).

Then I dropped that into a big batch of his 30 minute bhuna that I'd made and froze weeks ago. Had to reduce it down a bit (feature of instant pot cooking), which just meant leaving it on a pan for 30mins. Dropped the tikka chicken in at the end and a bit fresh coriander.

It was outstanding. Just as good as the freshly made "base gravy" style curries - can't see my making those for a long time now mind. Not when I can just whack ~8 containers worth of a curry into the instant pot and let it cook itself, then store those in the freezer instead of having all the base taking up the space.
And so much time saved.

I’d posted in the air fryer thread about using the air fryer to cook chicken. I add the curry to the tray and cook both the chicken and the sauce in the same pan as it really enhances the flavour.

And so much time saved.

Made this tonight ( a frequent of mine ) . Dead quick & easy , dead tasty, proper anglo indian home cooking . Have it with coconut yellow rice

Back