Major Major's Coleman poll - stay or go?

Stay or go?

• Total voters
Some supporters aren't bothered how bad the manager is, as long as he's a biggish name and not an unknown/unfashionable , hence all the "who else would we get" comments.
And other supporters advocate change for changes sake irrespective of inherited circumstances or absence of any financial support at all.
By all means call for Coleman's head after he's been given a sporting chance.
Until then, you just remain the mouthpiece for the trigger happy 'brigade'.

And other supporters advocate change for changes sake irrespective of inherited circumstances or absence of any financial support at all.
By all means call for Coleman's head after he's been given a sporting chance.
Until then, you just remain the mouthpiece for the trigger happy 'brigade'.
Did Millwall's manager have a "sporting chance"? How about Bolton's? Barnsley's? FFs, even Burton with their squad full of free transfers are above us.

In the Coleman supporters world it as if he is getting criticized for us not challenging promotion, not being rock bottom of the championship.

We are bottom of the championship and he has been outperformed by managers who've had it just as tough or even tougher, which is not good enough I'm afraid. When is he going to get this "sporting chance" as it will be more of the same next season with regard to transfer funds, or lack of them. We need a manager who can operate on a shoestring, and so far Coleman hasn't done anything to prove he's that man.

Did Millwall's manager have a "sporting chance"? How about Bolton's? Barnsley's? FFs, even Burton with their squad full of free transfers are above us.

In the Coleman supporters world it as if he is getting criticized for us not challenging promotion, not being rock bottom of the championship.

We are bottom of the championship and he has been outperformed by managers who've had it just as tough or even tougher, which is not good enough I'm afraid. When is he going to get this "sporting chance" as it will be more of the same next season with regard to transfer funds, or lack of them. We need a manager who can operate on a shoestring, and so far Coleman hasn't done anything to prove he's that man.
Yes they all have with the exception of Morais of course.
Neil Harris, in post at Millwall since 2013.
Phil Parkinson, in post at Bolton since 2016.
Paul Heckingbottom handed over a team to Morais built over 3 years from 2015.
Nigel Clough been in post in his second spell for nearly three years.
You provide three examples where managers have been given time.
Coleman should be afforded the sporting chance that Neil Harris has enjoyed, absolutely. The others so far, flatter to deceive.

Yes they all have with the exception of Morais of course.
Neil Harris, in post at Millwall since 2013.
Phil Parkinson, in post at Bolton since 2016.
Paul Heckingbottom handed over a team to Morais built over 3 years from 2015.
Nigel Clough been in post in his second spell for nearly three years.
You provide three examples where managers have been given time.
Coleman should be afforded the sporting chance that Neil Harris has enjoyed, absolutely. The others so far, flatter to deceive.
You said a "sporting chance", now you say "time". So just to clarify, you mean Coleman needs time and not money when you say a sporting chance?

You are just being argumentative - either that or just daft.

Rotherham looked doomed when he arrived and he saved them, he left and they went down with 24 points. But all that was because they already had his type of players :lol:

Its a radical thought, but maybe it is because he knows how to get the best of what he's got to work with? Yes, certain managers favour certain types of players, but it is just a lame excuse to absolve a manager of blame for performances because they haven't got "their own players". I have no doubt we wouldn't be going down if Warnock was our manager.
I didn’t say he didn’t do any of that!
I simply asked the question was there already a team there that was just underperforming.
We don’t have a team, haven’t for years, it’s a collection of players. There are no partnerships formed, nobody works for each other, nobody complements the others style of play.
There hasn’t been a clear tactic that we could have played without having a major downside.
If Rotherham’s team had a tactic that could be easily identified then they were better equipped than the collection of tits we currently have.
If this is an argument about wether I’d have Coleman or Warnock in this division Warnock all day. But we’d quickly sack him in the prem.
Give me any manager who is going to play a high line and press the opposition. Any manager who does that and instils a high degree of work rate into the team is onto a winner here.

I didn’t say he didn’t do any of that!
I simply asked the question was there already a team there that was just underperforming.
We don’t have a team, haven’t for years, it’s a collection of players. There are no partnerships formed, nobody works for each other, nobody complements the others style of play.
There hasn’t been a clear tactic that we could have played without having a major downside.
If Rotherham’s team had a tactic that could be easily identified then they were better equipped than the collection of tits we currently have.
If this is an argument about wether I’d have Coleman or Warnock in this division Warnock all day. But we’d quickly sack him in the prem.
Give me any manager who is going to play a high line and press the opposition. Any manager who does that and instils a high degree of work rate into the team is onto a winner here.
I think Rotherham's performance before and after he arrived proves there wasn't already a team there that was just underperforming. Warnock got results from a squad of shit players.

The fact we seem to just have a collection of players, no partnerships etc. is down to the manager IMO. He should be putting these things together.

You said a "sporting chance", now you say "time". So just to clarify, you mean Coleman needs time and not money when you say a sporting chance?
He'll require a little of both. Five months and zero pounds does not represent a 'sporting chance' to any reasonable person.

He'll require a little of both. Five months and zero pounds does not represent a 'sporting chance' to any reasonable person.
Well I think he's had plenty of time to keep us up. In fact he was on target to do that until his January window.

He'll not have any money next season either, so he'll only have 50% of your "sporting chance" at best.

I think Rotherham's performance before and after he arrived proves there wasn't already a team there that was just underperforming. Warnock got results from a squad of shit players.

The fact we seem to just have a collection of players, no partnerships etc. is down to the manager IMO. He should be putting these things together.

That’s not how football works. If you have a tricky winger who likes to cut inside then you need a fast powerful fullback who can overlap and pull players away from him.
If you have a lazy winger who can win games but won’t track back then you need a solid fullback who doesn’t really attack. This is the type of partnership I’m on about. Even just deciding let’s just launch it up top and hope for the best will work as long as you have someone who can win headers.
I couldn’t a toss who the manager is as long as they win games. Unfortunately at this moment in time I don’t think we have a team. I think Coleman brought in the wrong players albeit without spending a penny. I also believe he needed to take more risks. But it’s very hard to do when you are shipping goals at the rates we are to decide that the best way to stop them is to go and attack dropping your 2 biggest influences in the dressing room and historically possibly our best players. Especially when nearly all the goals we conceded are sloppy mistakes. You’d keep believing that if they were cut out then we have a chance.
Is Coleman the saviour no chance. Do I want him sacked no.
But unless we start from scratch and pretty much make the players the scapegoats for this season then Coleman is going to be the one who gets the blame going forward.
Someone at the club once this is all finished needs to blame the players for us to be able to bounce back quickly. Obviously this can’t be Coleman but I’m sure they can get someone in the press to do their bidding.

Sorry for the amount of waffle from a throwaway comment about Rotherham!

Torn.....but voted leave.

Find it hard to defend the defensive shambles we have become.
Wondered at times what is covered during training.
Tactics seemed none existant at times...

Back