Major Major's Coleman poll - stay or go?

Stay or go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The voted go people, can you give some names of possible replacements
Probably depends on if there is a takeover or not. If not, Mick McCarthy? He isn't a star name but would be on much lower wages, he is familiar with the club, he has a lot of experience working on a budget, having to sell more than he can buy every season and knows how to make the most of limited players. I think he would be a lot more capable than Coleman of returning to the Championship.

Got to give him the summer and a crack at league 1, he knows this squad better than anyone now and will clear out any dead wood hopefully.

A managerial change would set us back.

I think it's the hardest time to manage us because of everything that's going on. He's got our highest paid player who seems determined not to play. An owner who doesn't speak to him. Potential takeover talks which have the capacity to distract. Players who think they're too good for us. Players who are still on good money but seem past it to the point where even Championship games pass them by. Having to sign players in desperation, hence the last minute purchasing of Camp and Fletcher. An inability to spend a single penny, with no signs of that improving due to a huge external loan that could threaten the whole club's existence. Injury problems to key players, often long term and making it nigh on impossible to pick his best side consistently; many of these injury prone players signed before he got here (and in one case just as one gets fit he decides to get pissed and crash his car). A fan base who are pissed off and in many cases staying away. A fragile squad who seem unable to get over their fear of playing at home. He's been landed with the worst collection of goalkeepers we've ever had (I realise he brought one in, much though he wasn't his first choice, but it still must be a nightmare trying to put a team out when you have so little confidence in those in goal).

Yes, he hasn't had to play top teams, but I'd say this is about the hardest time ever to manage the club, it's an absolute mess at present, it's failing in just about every aspect. He could certainly have done better, but I wouldn't be kicking him out yet when he's had no chance to get a side together and when he's trying to deal with all of the above. I wouldn't give him an eternity though, he needs results to come next season when he's got his own side together in a league where not spending doesn't give you an immediate disadvantage

In terms of coaching a squad and putting a team out on a Saturday that's irrelevant to be honest. Coleman made his stance with Rodwell and I don't think anybody's particularly missing him.

Players too good for us? Ndong? His application in games was perfectly fine and Coleman let him go.

Signing players in desperation - did he leave it 'til 30th January to have a look about like? Ok, some targets didn't come, but lets not pretend he didn't have time. And people try and make out on here that Chris Coleman is some kind of draw for bringing in players. Well there were a couple of lads there in January who picked Reading and Barnsley over a club the size of Sunderland, so his powers of persuasion obviously aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Who are the long term injuries? Darron Gibson? Jonny Williams? Big fuckin' deal. Fair enough I would say Ruiter has been a miss given the clip of the other two, and McNair has shown a bit since he came back in, but there's a nucleus of a side there that shouldn't have been getting rolled over week in week out up until a couple of weeks ago.

The fanbase don't require any management from Chris Coleman. And they don't need his poxy lip service every week neither. It takes very little to get our supporters on side. All it takes is a couple of results and they're his business, and evidently it's a business he's not very good at. I can accept it was never an easy job, and the club is in a difficult situation, but it wasn't impossible.

He's had almost 3 quarters of a season to 'get a side together', recently he actually seems to have fluked up it once he was fored to change formation. And it's looking like too little too late. But that was his chief concern, and dealing with anything else is for Bain to contend with, not him. Thirty games he's had to get the results we needed in the Championship, and it hasn't been good enough. I don't care about constraints. I don't care about takeovers. I don't care about Ellis fuckin' Short or that cunt Rodwell. Coleman's job is results on a Saturday, and they're not good enough.

Will that improve the job he has done?

Good point, at this moment I’d keep him and give him next season, barring the last few weeks we’ve been piss poor since Christmas, my sympathy with him is he didn’t get a penny to spend in January and had too scrap about with loan deals, I’m at the stage now however where I’m not really arsed, from top to bottom the club is a mess

In terms of coaching a squad and putting a team out on a Saturday that's irrelevant to be honest. Coleman made his stance with Rodwell and I don't think anybody's particularly missing him.

Players too good for us? Ndong? His application in games was perfectly fine and Coleman let him go.

Signing players in desperation - did he leave it 'til 30th January to have a look about like? Ok, some targets didn't come, but lets not pretend he didn't have time. And people try and make out on here that Chris Coleman is some kind of draw for bringing in players. Well there were a couple of lads there in January who picked Reading and Barnsley over a club the size of Sunderland, so his powers of persuasion obviously aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Who are the long term injuries? Darron Gibson? Jonny Williams? Big fuckin' deal. Fair enough I would say Ruiter has been a miss given the clip of the other two, and McNair has shown a bit since he came back in, but there's a nucleus of a side there that shouldn't have been getting rolled over week in week out up until a couple of weeks ago.

The fanbase don't require any management from Chris Coleman. And they don't need his poxy lip service every week neither. It takes very little to get our supporters on side. All it takes is a couple of results and they're his business, and evidently it's a business he's not very good at. I can accept it was never an easy job, and the club is in a difficult situation, but it wasn't impossible.

He's had almost 3 quarters of a season to 'get a side together', recently he actually seems to have fluked up it once he was fored to change formation. And it's looking like too little too late. But that was his chief concern, and dealing with anything else is for Bain to contend with, not him. Thirty games he's had to get the results we needed in the Championship, and it hasn't been good enough. I don't care about constraints. I don't care about takeovers. I don't care about Ellis fuckin' Short or that cunt Rodwell. Coleman's job is results on a Saturday, and they're not good enough.

Spot on mate
Though I would add that Watmore would have massively improved us.

Stay as I have no idea who else we would get and it’s about time we allow a manager to put his stamp on the club rather than the constant chopping and changing. He hasn’t convinced me mind.

Brilliantly put mate. Yet ppl say he hasn’t done enough!
Parkinson had a worse hand at Bolton yet has done a better job.

He was right to let NDong go.
As for players choosing other clubs, as we had zero to spend, perhaps they were offered better packages?
Watmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back