Maja 100% commitment

Sign the contract, if not fk off.
I hate losing Academy lads on the cheap or for nothing, but you can’t just blame the player for not signing a contract.... has he even been offered one? Maybe the club want to keep him on a youth contract to see how he develops, maybe the club has offered him one and it isn’t the going rate... I think their is a lot more to it than just him signing up.

Good on him. Players like this need to see that in this division it's a perfect opportunity for them to shine against lesser players and they need to push for this chance and show they can do it, then move up the leagues proving themselves each time.

We are the "big fish" in this pond and it should be a great opportunity for players to join the "biggest" team in the division and get them promoted.

As I've said previously we had Henderson and Pickford who we loaned out to lower league teams to get them valuable 1st team experience at these kind of levels and it's exactly what/where these lads need to prove themselves. Asoro obviously thinks he deserves better and has left and it could bite him in the arse if he doesn't get game time or still proves he isn't quite good enough for the higher leagues.

I personally don't think he looks good enough based on what ive seen but fingers crossed he knuckles down and gets himself in the team. Will have everyone's full support to succeed if he keeps that attitude up.

anyone judging the young players off last seasons performance have zero idea about football, ffs you may as well slag JoS or ruiter off for 'not scoring enough' as there was little service to the front lads, take grabban out of the picture and our best scorer was an inexperienced midfield player.

staying at a club that is currently looking at bringing it's youth through and giving them a chance should be a better prospect for the lads than going to some premier league club and get stuck out on loan with little prospect of actually breaking into the first team, as things stand we seem to be creating chances but struggling to finish, this could all change if the players we are bidding for sign, hopefully then the young lads can step in when needed in a winning team...trying to make an impact while leading the line in a team that was used to losing and created little these lads were on a hiding to nothing.

he may or may not turn out to be a very good player for the club but i hate to judge young lads especially when playing in a dire team.

I thought only Ethan Robson was committed to the cause and the rest burn the badge on a daily basis ....

You do know it was the Don who said this on an early podcast at a point in time when the whole squad hadn’t yet been spoke to, and RR just repeated what he said don’t you?

I thought only Ethan Robson was committed to the cause and the rest burn the badge on a daily basis ....
That certainly was the impression that I got, after some of SD interviews a few weeks ago, too, marra!

Nice that he is committed but shouldn't be near first choice yet lets be honest.
Don't know much about league 1, marra. But if he is going to aspire to higher levels, then this is surely where it should start for him. If you're saying he shouldn't be pushing for a place in the starting eleven, now then surely he is never going, too!

Last edited:
That certainly was the impression that I got, after some of SD interviews a few weeks ago, too, marra!

Don't know much about league 1, marra. But if he is going to aspire to higher levels, then this is surely where it should start for him. If you're saying he shouldn't be pushing for a place in the starting eleven, now then surely he is never going, too!

Yeah pushing absolutely, prove himself in cameos, but he is miles away from the likes of Wyke and Sharp, who I hope will be the type starting for us next season was my only point

Im just not convinced by him, so I understand why we wouldn't want to tie him down to an expensive deal

Remember watching a U18 game 2 seasons ago, Maja was easily the best player on the pitch , that was one of the lastU18 games Rashford played for Man U ! Not saying Maja is better but on his day he can be a top
Player and with more experience ,and dare I say patience from the fans will have more good days than bad.

Back