Maja 100% commitment

Sign a contract and prove it Joshy boi.
Exactly - he's been offered a new contract which he hasn't signed. '100% commitment' are meaningless words if he doesn't sign a new contract. As it is he's played against 2 non-league sides as our only out and out striker and we've looked lacking. Obviously he has time to develop but he doesn't look anywhere near to me.

the state of this board - how many people have said he isnt good enough and now that he has said he is 100% everyone is over the moan, absolutely ridiculous

Having a pop at the board for no reason. Seems to be on every thread there's someone lining up to slag off other posters

the state of this board - how many people have said he isnt good enough and now that he has said he is 100% everyone is over the moan, absolutely ridiculous

Some of us haven't dismissed him as being 'not good enough' ... certainly not with the implication that he never will be. He did struggle to impose himself at times ... but he's a young developing player. And we're now down a league.

fwiw I thought Maja looked better than Asoro in pre-season last year. Maja has a much better first touch. Asoro contributed more when he was played later on in the league ... but then it's much easier to give a young player opportunities as a winger/wide forward than give him responsibility to lead the line. And you're up against full backs rather than big CBs - which makes it easier you're not fully developed in terms of body strength.

Sunderland Echo SAFC on Twitter

Great news!

Maja said: “I think this is one of the biggest seasons of my career because this is basically a starting point, I think.

“If I can stay in the team, stay fit, and start firing away it will be massive for me.”

When asked about his commitment to the cause, Maja added: “One hundred per cent this is where I want to be right now. I want to play football here, it’s the right option.

“As long as I keep working hard and pushing myself, I can do that.

“We’ve had a few hard years and difficult times but if we can come out the other side of it positive and with good energy, I think it will be great for the history of the club

I
want to impress the manager and show what I can do, but of course he wants to have good performances in the team,” added Maja.

“If that means I’m not in the team that’s his choice but hopefully I’m in the team at the start of the season and I can show what I can do.”

When asked about his early form, Maja said: “I don’t think I’ve performed to the best of my ability but I think fitness-wise I’ve got the most out of it and that’s the main thing.

“Hopefully, in the next couple of games I can start scoring a few goals.

“I’m a very harsh critic of myself and I’ve had chances to score which I haven’t taken. That happens in football but I have to stay confident.

“I’ve got to get back onto the training field and keep working hard.

We have to keep working hard in training and keep showing what we can do. Hopefully that gives us the confidence to perform during the season.”

He added: “Bali’s been more involved with us in training, whereas Saturday was Benji’s first game for us and he scored so that should give him confidence to show what he can do even more.

“As long as they both keep working hard I think they’ve got a chance to be in the team as well.”

Just his quotes, I’ve excluded the journo fluff.

Was a star last pre season but his injury obviously knocked him as he didn't show anything in the regular season.

Hopefully he can grow in a winning team that has more of the football as our style of play last year (the 5-3-2) really didn't help him out

No doubt I'll get shot with shit, but I'm not convinced by him. Hope I'm wrong like. I just don't think he's strong enough and gets knocked off the ball easily. He doesn't seem to like to rough it up either.

Back