Maguire, thank you, honestly thank you

People posting he’s a class player! A look at his career suggests otherwise. One swallow don’t make an orgy.
Roll over Colback n Hendo tell Harry Kane the news....

Judge what you see in the here and now friend. He's so comfortable on the ball, strong and plays with his head up.
I think he's a very very good footballer.
The King is dead but he’s not forgotten....

Last edited:
He was generally shunted out wide or benched last season to accommodate Honeyman at No.10 yet was still one of our best players over the season. The fact we never directly replaced Honeyman i was hoping for big things from him as 1st choice in his favoured position and tbf he started the season very well. I thought he was outstanding against Portsmouth and obviously got his hat trick against Wimbledon but there's no doubt he's tailed off since.
Thing is he hasn't really got any competition, Embleton is the only other No.10 in the squad and he's long term injured. O'Nien does a job there but would be better suited deeper partnering Power or Dobson imo and he is needed at right back until January anyway.
Maguire's best performances last season were often after he'd been dropped or when he came off the bench. In these games he had a steely determination about him and you could almost see him thinking "I'll show you Jack Ross." He's definitely the sort that thrives with a little competition and it's imperative we get him some. January is going to be massive, we have GOT to get it right

He was generally shunted out wide or benched last season to accommodate Honeyman at No.10 yet was still one of our best players over the season. The fact we never directly replaced Honeyman i was hoping for big things from him as 1st choice in his favoured position and tbf he started the season very well. I thought he was outstanding against Portsmouth and obviously got his hat trick against Wimbledon but there's no doubt he's tailed off since.
Thing is he hasn't really got any competition, Embleton is the only other No.10 in the squad and he's long term injured. O'Nien does a job there but would be better suited deeper partnering Power or Dobson imo and he is needed at right back until January anyway.
Maguire's best performances last season were often after he'd been dropped or when he came off the bench. In these games he had a steely determination about him and you could almost see him thinking "I'll show you Jack Ross." He's definitely the sort that thrives with a little competition and it's imperative we get him some. January is going to be massive, we have GOT to get it right

Maddison?

though it would probably result in Mcguire never featuring again.

Maddison?

though it would probably result in Mcguire never featuring again.
Competition is key and Maddison would certainly be a statement of intent. Camps at Rochdale i like too and his stats are very good like MM. Bit more of a risk but the Lowery at Crewe looks a real talent, bit of a midget mind.

Competition is key and Maddison would certainly be a statement of intent. Camps at Rochdale i like too and his stats are very good like MM. Bit more of a risk but the Lowery at Crewe looks a real talent, bit of a midget mind.

A couple of the Crewe players impressed me this season and he was one of them.
Mind you I know a player you should sign and he plays up front for us.
No it’s not Doyle.
This kid is mint and you can’t have him this season at least.

Back