Maguire, thank you, honestly thank you

He has ability. But the fact he’s 30 and has played most his career at the bottom end of the championship or in league one suggests that his temperament, desire and application is questionable.

All this ‘King’ bollocks perpetuated by the club and RR was irritating and I’m glad it’s finally died down.

I was impressed by the Rochdale player, Oliver Rathbone, I think is his name.
He's only a young kid, but he ran us ragged, down our right flank, and O'Nien, just couldn't cope with him.

Absolute quality. Not the finished article but his work rate is exceptional.
Apparently a model pro and very intelligent.
Was talking to our Assistant Manager, Noel Hunt about him the other week.
Was our number one target this season. He rates him highly.
He has ability. But the fact he’s 30 and has played most his career at the bottom end of the championship or in league one suggests that his temperament, desire and application is questionable.

All this ‘King’ bollocks perpetuated by the club and RR was irritating and I’m glad it’s finally died down.

He is the King. A double Whopper.

Last edited:
When he tries he’s decent. Doesn’t seem to be going much of that lately.
I definitely think him and Mcgeady don't fancy PP and are going through the motions, hopefully they either buck their ideas up sharpish or fuck off to Hibs in January, neither will more than a small footnote in our history which is a shame as they could with the right attitude be stars at this level.

Competition is key and Maddison would certainly be a statement of intent. Camps at Rochdale i like too and his stats are very good like MM. Bit more of a risk but the Lowery at Crewe looks a real talent, bit of a midget mind.
Matt Crooks from Rotherham looked good against us. Big strong CM, scored a few this year as well.

When he has a good game he can make a difference. After watching him for 18 month it seems like the main reason he's been kicking about League One level for most of his career is a lack of consistency rather than a lack of ability.

In fact there's probably only Willis and Lynch playing with any consistency. Lynch played most of his career at a higher level and you'd fancy Willis too as well.

Back