Mags at home to Spurs on opening day of PL

They've got a friendly at home the week before as well, we can't have 2 away games at the start of the season can we?
So something will have to change I'd have thought.

Don't we sometimes play 3 games in the first week? Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday?
If that't the case we could be away/home/away.
No it doesn’t work like that.

It’s always home/away/away or away/home/home so as every club gets a home Saturday

Spurs will be fresh off winning the world cup so mags will get a hiding
alli and kane hatricks
shelvey sent off
More likely to work in mags favour, not a lot of time for World Cup players to fit in hols and any sort of reasonable preseason training, in other words they’re going to be knackered

They've got a friendly at home the week before as well, we can't have 2 away games at the start of the season can we?
So something will have to change I'd have thought.
You don’t seriously think that a friendly will take priority over an official league fixture do u?

Last edited:
No it doesn’t work like that.

It’s always home/away/away or away/home/home so as every club gets a home Saturday

More likely to work in mags favour, not a lot of time for World Cup players to fit in hols and any sort of reasonable preseason training, in other words they’re going to be knackered

You don’t seriously think that a friendly will take priority over an official league fixture do u?

Of course it shouldn't, but nowt would surprise me with that lot and the polis

So we'll be at home first game and away when they are at home to Spurs?

This is what I wasn’t wanting, at one of my best mate’s wedding down in Manchester on the 4th. As unlikely as it is now I’m hoping for away first then home in the second week, with them v Spurs being changed to a televised Sunday match.

Back