Magpies.

They've certainly got more common in towns and cities since I was a kid. As you say, horrible creatures. Members of the crow family so intelligent, which explains why they're successful.

They've certainly got more common in towns and cities since I was a kid. As you say, horrible creatures. Members of the crow family so intelligent, which explains why they're successful.

Diametrically opposed to the human version then :lol:

Noisy bastard things. Couple nest in the tree in next doors garden
More noisy at this time of year, that's why I got rid of the nest also. drives you mad with the early mornings coming up. Let them breed last year but the dogs got the chicks when they come out of the nest. Was better all round for the songbirds and the Magpies I moved them on !!

Found a pink seat in the nest in our garden.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

As already stated, they are nest robbers. All eggs and chicks are targets for them. There were no magpies in urban areas when i was a youngun. Them, wood pigeons and ring neck doves have been thriving for years.

When I was a bairn I remember one spring where there was a magpie that used to torment my neighbour’s cat every f***ing morning by jumping onto the shed roof the cat was sleeping on, then flying off just as the cat went for it. It would then cackle at it from a tree and jump back down again.

I still hate that noise.

Back