MAG SLAYING COMEBACK

1973ANTH

Goalkeeper
Kieran Richardson takes extreme measures to find new club - three years after ex-Man Utd star retired

Richardson has been retired since 2016 but has now decided the time is right for a return

Former Manchester United midfielder Kieran Richardson has gone to extreme measures in a bid to find himself a new club.

The 34-year-old has been retired since December 2016 and little has been heard since he walked away from the game.

But now he has made a sensational move to get back into the professional ranks.

Richardson joined Twitter on Sunday evening and immediately used his first tweet to use the social network site to appeal to former players and fans for help.

The midfielder, who counts made eight international appearances for England and scored twice on his debut in 2005, last played a professional match on the 13th December three years ago, in a 2-1 victory for Cardiff against Wolves .

In the tweet Richardson says: "I'm calling on the power of social media to RT this and help me in a bid to secure a new club.

"I feel fit and ready and life isn't the same without football."

Since the post went out, Richardson had surpassed 200 retweets, showing the power social media certainly has for broadcasting a message.

Countless fans replied to the former Sunderland man, with many opting to tag football clubs official accounts in a bid to help the England international find a club.

Richardson has 264 Premier League matches under his belt. He scored 35 goals in 336 appearances in all competitions during his career.

Richardson played for a total of six clubs over his 14-year career, including United, Cardiff, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Aston Villa.

The question is, will anyone take a punt and hand Richardson a final fling?

If it’s legit I hope he does find a club. Football is a very short career and I can only guess at the void left when you retire unless you’re in the gang and can join MOTD/SSN.

Kieran Richardson takes extreme measures to find new club - three years after ex-Man Utd star retired

Richardson has been retired since 2016 but has now decided the time is right for a return

Former Manchester United midfielder Kieran Richardson has gone to extreme measures in a bid to find himself a new club.

The 34-year-old has been retired since December 2016 and little has been heard since he walked away from the game.

But now he has made a sensational move to get back into the professional ranks.

Richardson joined Twitter on Sunday evening and immediately used his first tweet to use the social network site to appeal to former players and fans for help.

The midfielder, who counts made eight international appearances for England and scored twice on his debut in 2005, last played a professional match on the 13th December three years ago, in a 2-1 victory for Cardiff against Wolves .

In the tweet Richardson says: "I'm calling on the power of social media to RT this and help me in a bid to secure a new club.

"I feel fit and ready and life isn't the same without football."

Since the post went out, Richardson had surpassed 200 retweets, showing the power social media certainly has for broadcasting a message.

Countless fans replied to the former Sunderland man, with many opting to tag football clubs official accounts in a bid to help the England international find a club.

Richardson has 264 Premier League matches under his belt. He scored 35 goals in 336 appearances in all competitions during his career.

Richardson played for a total of six clubs over his 14-year career, including United, Cardiff, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Aston Villa.

The question is, will anyone take a punt and hand Richardson a final fling?
..lost for words.

Back