Mafia Trilogy

Ok so we’re down to it just being worth getting for the first game then?
They can be bought separate like so if you're only fussed on the first one you can get that. I was fine with paying a bit extra to play the second one again and to get the dlc so I could finish the third one (still haven't done that like)
Just glancing at some review scores and they seem canny average like, ranging from 6-8/10

Last edited:

They can be bought separate like so if you're only fussed on the first one you can get that. I was fine with paying a bit extra to play the second one again and to get the dlc so I could finish the third one (still haven't done that like)
Just glancing at some review scores and they seem canny average like, ranging from 6-8/10
Is the second one worth it? Never played it and the third one bored the tits off me.

The definite edition of mafia 1 seems to be getting decent reviews, looking forward to giving that a try, just gotta get Witcher DLC done first.

Think I might get the first one, the original is one the best games ever made.

I bought it based on the previous game the studio made. It's was game called hidden and dangerous 1 & 2, where you play as the SAS in ww2. They will be massively dated now but has similar gameplay to operation flashpoint or arma. Class playing coop back in day and still I would say the 2nd is the best ww2 game made, imo.

Think I might get the first one, the original is one the best games ever made.

I bought it based on the previous game the studio made. It's was game called hidden and dangerous 1 & 2, where you play as the SAS in ww2. They will be massively dated now but has similar gameplay to operation flashpoint or arma. Class playing coop back in day and still I would say the 2nd is the best ww2 game made, imo.
Hidden and dangerous was very good at the time.

I’ll be getting the first one when it comes down a little.

only because I’m a tight fecker, £30 should be worth it for the nostalgia alone

Completed it over the weekend. There was a few technical hitches, nothing game breaking though, and it does sometimes feel a bit clunky. I really enjoyed it though. I think just like the second one, the story and setting has made it for me

Completed it over the weekend. There was a few technical hitches, nothing game breaking though, and it does sometimes feel a bit clunky. I really enjoyed it though. I think just like the second one, the story and setting has made it for me
No messing about. I haven't started it yet (need to finish the last of us 2 first). How many hours did it take you?

Finished it and the first two games have 100% tied into a 4th

was one of my all time most played game 17 years ago so was well worth it

you could tell it was an aged game by length etc but would recommend buying 100%

heard Mafia 2 remake was rubbish but that’s also a good game when first out

It definitely has all of the issues pointed out on here and in reviews but definitely doesn't take anything away from it for me. My biggest worry was disliking the characters with new voices but they're spot on.

I've been putting on the speed limiter (playing it on hard so it feels like the original), taking scenic routes and generally just enjoying how pretty it is and how much I love anything set in 30s America.

Have they moved around the mission order though? I could have sworn that the race mission was further in and much more of a pig to win :lol:

It definitely has all of the issues pointed out on here and in reviews but definitely doesn't take anything away from it for me. My biggest worry was disliking the characters with new voices but they're spot on.

I've been putting on the speed limiter (playing it on hard so it feels like the original), taking scenic routes and generally just enjoying how pretty it is and how much I love anything set in 30s America.

Have they moved around the mission order though? I could have sworn that the race mission was further in and much more of a pig to win :lol:
Think they added bits in from what I can remember the race is solid on classic difficulty

Did you win the race mission on hard? I couldn’t get further than 4th when I tried and had to drop it to medium because I was getting impatient..

Back