1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Mafia II

Discussion in 'Games and games consoles' started by Soz Marra, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost Genius

Almost Genius Striker

ordered this for xbox lads

2. Soz Marra

Soz Marra Striker

Telt ya ;) The 360 controller will still sync over wireless even when charging.

3. Almost Genius

Almost Genius Striker

dispatched from play !

4. Hull_Mackem

Hull_Mackem Winger

Let us know how it is, I fancy getting it.

5. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Striker

Should have mine thursday, i've heard its very linear though which pisses me off.

6. mafia 1 was the same, what did you expect?

7. Giddup Sausage!

Giddup Sausage! Striker

Totally linear mate and no interaction in what happens at all.

You can piss about in the city, but there is absolutely no need and if you fuck up you have to start the mission again. Even nicking cars is a bit of a bore as there isnt much difference between them and once you have the sportscar you need nowt else.

Pretty let down by it in all honesty. It doesn't even feel like your "in" the Mafia all the way through it but just doing some missions for some fellas.

I also found it to be buggy as fuck. Fell through the world about 20 times, had it crash about 10 times, had pre arranged spawns not happen, had doors that are meant to open/get smashed become indestructible. Makes it more annoying when the saves through the missions are scarces as fuck and if you fall through the world you have to do everything all over again..

Mind, around mission 13 is a good twist tho for all those that played the first one. Has one of the old characters in it which was pretty cool, wont spoil it by saying which one but he is easily recognisable.

8. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Striker

Never played Mafia 1 so from what I had seen it look an open world type game with lots of side missions etc.

Might cancel it quick then and just wait for Halo Reach.

9. Giddup Sausage!

Giddup Sausage! Striker

Don't get me wrong, its playable and ok but I just wanted more after the brilliant first one.

Not sure its worth shelling out daft amounts of money on tho, maybe hire it.

10. Smiler

Smiler Striker

My PC needs far too much of an upgrade to get this so I'll have to get the PS3 version once I have some cash (I hate being a student again)

11. Almost Genius

Almost Genius Striker

cant say im really enjoying this
    the clothes choices are shite
    the aiming is shite
    the driving is shite
    the guns so far are shite

not much going for it

12. japs

japs Striker

Ah right, demo was a bit let down. Think this could be a major fail for what should be a good game.

13. shaviessafc

shaviessafc Winger

Bought this today. I know some people are saying it's a let down, and I greatly enjoyed the first one, but I think it's good! :)

14. PC?

Most people who don't like it will probs be playing on 360/PS3.

15. shaviessafc

shaviessafc Winger

Nah, Xbox 360.

I'm really enjoying this, now that I've got used to the interface especially.

16. genericus

genericus Striker

Just bought it for Ps3, as i mentioned previously about reviewing of games ill hoy one up after ive done it for anyone that wants alooks, im nee giddup sausage like;)

17. shaviessafc

shaviessafc Winger

My brief opinion of the game is that it gets better as it goes on. ;)

18. genericus

genericus Striker

Im up to chapter 3, so far i have to say from what i was expecting of piss poor shooting a controls on both driving and walking, it surprisingly does well, not overly complicated and very easy to get to grips with, im not that far so ill plough on but it does seem very good so far with some fucking hysterical one liners.

19. upto chapter 11 now, had it for a few more days since its been leaked onto internet

gets much more interesting half way through but the story so far is very predicatable and its far too easy to die even on easy

20. Just started it and that doesnt bode well for me as I'm generally canny shit at shooters....

:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.