mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oothefuknellsleeds

dont want to add to the other threads incase i see a spoiler. rented this out over the weekend and i reckon its quite good like, id recommend it. seems a bit on the short side as per usual these days but im enjoying the story and jobs. graphics are good but not too good like GTA. not sure why but im not keen on graphics that are too realistic. camera angle can be a bit of an arse but generally a good game

Think I might have to rent this. I'm put off by not being able to do much around the city like gta. I probes would have bought if it had.

Think I might have to rent this. I'm put off by not being able to do much around the city like gta. I probes would have bought if it had.

well GTA4 didnt let you do too much tbf. buy a few clothes, guns, drink, eat, see mates (which just got annoying).
apart from seeing your mates mafia 2 gives you the same things really except side games like bowling etc.
i want a suit without a hat though and everytime i buy one a hat comes with it :evil:

there is nothing wrong with linearity in games, some of my favourite games havent allowed for wandering.
I mean imagine Metal Gear solid is to progress past the first mission you had farm for iron ore in an abondoned mine the retrieve a plastic cock from the showers on the other side of the universe.

I tend to find Sandbox games very dull and repetetive grinding for hours just to be allowed to progress with a game, the purpose of a large map to me isnt for the players benefit, its for the developers to make their game seem longer by adding tedious side quests and free world roaming into the game to compensate for a lack of depth of story or character development.

Nowt wrang with a game that guides you by the cock and tells you where to go, in fact it would be a preference for me if it avoided me sifting through every bit of sand in the desert to find a invisible cock ring.

there is nothing wrong with linearity in games, some of my favourite games havent allowed for wandering.
I mean imagine Metal Gear solid is to progress past the first mission you had farm for iron ore in an abondoned mine the retrieve a plastic cock from the showers on the other side of the universe.

I tend to find Sandbox games very dull and repetetive grinding for hours just to be allowed to progress with a game, the purpose of a large map to me isnt for the players benefit, its for the developers to make their game seem longer by adding tedious side quests and free world roaming into the game to compensate for a lack of depth of story or character development.

Nowt wrang with a game that guides you by the cock and tells you where to go, in fact it would be a preference for me if it avoided me sifting through every bit of sand in the desert to find a invisible cock ring.

Agree with alot of what you say. A linear game does not necessarily mean a bad game and vice versa for sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back