Madrox Ltd

The company that charges £2000000 a year rent to the club?

Yes, and has done since the Murray days, Previously, Sunderland Ltd published consolidated accounts, which combined the results of all the companies in the group. When you do that, you eliminate intergroup transactions, which is why it was invisible in previous years. The rent has to be charged to allow the SoL to be valued as an investment property. It's a totally cosmetic exercise.

At what point did financial accounts and all that entails, become such an important issue to the regular football fan? Everyone seems an expert on this now.

The problem is they aren't. This whole thread exists because one person simply doesn't understand how groups of companies, coterminous year ends and Companies House filing requirements work.

I never said that, and a level of skepticism in life is healthy.

However, having a fully formed opinion based upon nothing more than an assumption backed up by "I don't believe anything he's said" without having a a shred of proof either way is the stuff of conspiracy theories.
I don't think SD is a philanthropist. I have no problem with him taking a salary for the work he does but if he is trying to gain a few kudos by stating he doesn't take a salary and then takes one by another means I would have a problem, because that would be disingenuous.

I don't think SD is a philanthropist. I have no problem with him taking a salary for the work he does but if he is trying to gain a few kudos by stating he doesn't take a salary and then takes one by another means I would have a problem, because that would be disingenuous.

He doesn't. Any payments to directors in any company have o be disclosed by law, as do any charges from related companies. Donald doesn't take a salary for the same reason Short didn't - he earns enough from other sources not to have to take one.

He doesn't. Any payments to directors in any company have o be disclosed by law, as do any charges from related companies. Donald doesn't take a salary for the same reason Short didn't - he earns enough from other sources not to have to take one.
Thank you, that's what I wanted to know

I agree entirely, in fact it would be moronic, because it'd be impossible to hide, which is one of the reasons why if I were to make an assumption it would be that he was telling the truth regarding this.

There's plenty of stuff to be angry about regarding the decision making at the club, we don't need to assume stuff and then pan him for it without a shred of evidence.

I only ask because they have made a big thing about SD not taking a wage and wondered if this was something else that was deliberately misleading like so many other statements that have been made. (in my opinion of course)
Why would he need a salary,hes got other businesses

"the money from FPP is an investment in to Madrox and nothing to do with Sunderland football club" . Has anyone explained what that means yet?. Probably way off the mark but my theory is it might be a way of getting round financial fair play and we'll be able to spend shit loads of money in January 😂

"the money from FPP is an investment in to Madrox and nothing to do with Sunderland football club" . Has anyone explained what that means yet?. Probably way off the mark but my theory is it might be a way of getting round financial fair play and we'll be able to spend shit loads of money in January 😂

Just means there's no direct connection. The fact the Madrox just put £9m into Sunderland in the form of new shares (which counts as income for SCMP purposes) is entirely conincidental 😉 😉 😉 😉

I only ask because they have made a big thing about SD not taking a wage and wondered if this was something else that was deliberately misleading like so many other statements that have been made. (in my opinion of course)

Who's made a big thing??
Only 1 I can see going on about it is YOU

We’re not allowed to ask, it’s private........according to Charlie.

Aye, which is precisely when I stopped reading that article and will not listen to the pod. Absolute bollocks, he said we're not allowed to know about Madrox financial affairs, yet in prior podcasts etc, they stated they owed the club money, so which is it. Are we not allowed to know because they are completely separate, or they are linked and therefore of interest?

I'm not into this whole charlatan thing, but I'm started to not like either of them.

The irony is they have tried to hard to please, opened up and said to much. Should have kept their mouths shut so people couldn’t misconstrue and take out of context.
lesson to all future owners... don’t trust the fans. So keep your mouth shut.
Don't trust the fans. :lol:

It's not the fans who have said so much and delivered less. Their story changes so much what reason do we have to believe them? In 18 months they've went from having enough to fund this club to the top of the championship to going begging for money for basic maintenance at the club. The parachute payments were there to have a real go at the league this season to them not backing the manager and starting the season with a weaker squad. The money they took out of the club to be drip fed back in when needed to not seeing the benefit of it twice. I'd say that money was needed otherwise we wouldn't be so desperate for 'investment'

That's just a few of the contradictions and subjects they've been misleading so I'm not going to take anything that comes out of their mouths as gospel, especially from Methven.

Back