Madonna

It rubs the lotion into its body. It does this whenever it’s told. It places the lotion in the basket.

I think his reference was less Silence of the Lambs and more that he was terrified of the monster.

I know someone who owns a hotel Madonna stayed at in Africa. The staff all called her Ma Tokoloshe (a tokoloshe is an evil goblin in African folklore).

She's had some proper tunes in the past and done well to stay a bit relevant and up to date the way Bowie did. I would say that's probably over now. IMHO.
In an industry that's often reliant on somebody's 'look' and up against some good looking lasses in skimpy gear she's like someone's Nanna who'd dance around flashing her knickers on New Year's Eve.

She's had some proper tunes in the past and done well to stay a bit relevant and up to date the way Bowie did. I would say that's probably over now. IMHO.
In an industry that's often reliant on somebody's 'look' and up against some good looking lasses in skimpy gear she's like someone's Nanna who'd dance around flashing her knickers on New Year's Eve.
She’s benefitted from that more than most.

I don’t think she should ever be mentioned in the same breath as Bowie when it comes to music.

I’m often away with work so nobody would know any different if I am in New York or chilling in Northumberland. I won’t have a Ferrari but even if I bought a Land Rover Defender tomorrow as second vehicle my mates and people in the village would just continue to think I’m a bit mad. I usually work from home anyway and have plenty of time off so nobody would know whether I am working or not. I’d spend the rest of my days watching test cricket, reading, writing and digging up preciously unexplored Bronze Age burials in Northumberland. I have a few in mind already. Nobody would know.
I kind of get where you're coming from, but if you suddenly found however many millions in your bank, you'd end up spending daft.

Back