Mad Things that have happened at Sunderland since you’ve been supporting?

We had to pay £10 million for a player who we didn't want and wasn't ours.

One of our best players engages in noncery and gets put in prison.

Vergini's wonder own goal against Southampton

Our own manager leaves to take the England job and then resigns after just 1 game after being caught trying to accept a £400,000 bribe, only to end us relegated

Micky Gray - Having a local lad from a council estate come through every rank/level of our football club eventually captaining it, called up to the England senior team basically living 99% of every kid in Sunderlands dream and still being somewhat of a hate figure. Never really gaining the legend status that many a lesser player has been given. It blows me away................

Micky Gray - Having a local lad from a council estate come through every rank/level of our football club eventually captaining it, called up to the England senior team basically living 99% of every kid in Sunderlands dream and still being somewhat of a hate figure. Never really gaining the legend status that many a lesser player has been given. It blows me away................
Alreet Mickey, how's the tan?

Dominic Matteo? Summit about not being eligible? Can’t remember the exact reason
We didn't submit the paperwork for the loan deal properly, so we played a completely unregisterred player. I think the FA agreed it was an accident, and the punishment was very light. But he still had to go back (to Liverpool?) the next day.

Constantly being out on the piss and it clearly affecting his performances really ruined his relationship with the fans.
Then turning up in his new ferrari after relegation, on the day that half the club staff were made redundant made him look like an utter bastard. (I get that he was probably just dead excited about it, and didn't think).

He didn't lose his rightful place as a cult figure / club legend by accident.

We signed Emmanuel Eboye on a free transfer only for him to get banned from playing by FIFA for his entire contract.

Playing Mickey Gray right midfield ahead of Summerbee.
Reed in #### mode must have contributed to his/our downfall.

I missed that one but George McCartney at right back, cannot remember who the manager was but didn’t an England manager once play Jamie Carragher left back or did I dream that, hopefully it was a dream as he was terrible.

The Ajax match when the bloke with the mike excitedly announced the signing of Jody Craddock to zero reaction.
Nee fucker had heard of him.

He’s in my Top 5 SAFC players from my lifetime, probably in 3rd place behind Quincy and SKP.

Tranmere bringing on a sub for a red carded player in the cup against us but the FA taking no action against them.

I remember that. There was a couple of minutes to go and Nosworthy was a few yards in the opposition half, inexplicably he turned round to "pass back to the keeper" and hammered it past our corner flag.
Boro away I think. Also televised.
What a guy!

We didn't submit the paperwork for the loan deal properly, so we played a completely unregisterred player. I think the FA agreed it was an accident, and the punishment was very light. But he still had to go back (to Liverpool?) the next day.

Constantly being out on the piss and it clearly affecting his performances really ruined his relationship with the fans.
Then turning up in his new ferrari after relegation, on the day that half the club staff were made redundant made him look like an utter bastard. (I get that he was probably just dead excited about it, and didn't think).

He didn't lose his rightful place as a cult figure / club legend by accident.
When did this happen? Regardless of how many pints he chucked down his neck or week he was still probably one of the fittest players we've ever had. Didn't harm his performances either.

When did this happen? Regardless of how many pints he chucked down his neck or week he was still probably one of the fittest players we've ever had. Didn't harm his performances either.
He may have been able to run about a lot but you could tell when he was hungover, gray was a good player with the ball at his feet then odd games he'd look like he'd never seen a football before.

Back