Macros for building muscle

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

Always let down in this department by my diet. Its so hard to eat the requisite number of calories without eating sugary stuff.

For gaining does anyone have a macro split they swear by? Any go to foods that provide the protein without the sugar and heavy saturated fat?

At the moment I'm pretty much an even 3 way split for macros.

Always let down in this department by my diet. Its so hard to eat the requisite number of calories without eating sugary stuff.

For gaining does anyone have a macro split they swear by? Any go to foods that provide the protein without the sugar and heavy saturated fat?

Not much fat in chicken breast like. You sure your not just eating enough

Never really tried a gaining phase but I seem to be doing fairly well with 50/30/20 C/P/F
I’m doing similar - 45/30/25
This. I love Skyr yoghurt, the Arla one is my favourite and 450g cartons are constantly on 3 for £3 in Tesco.

I also find Babybel lights really good if I’m just a few grams short of my protein - 6g and 50cal in each piece.

Last edited:

This. I love Skyr yoghurt, the Arla one is my favourite and 450g cartons are constantly on 3 for £3 in Tesco.

I also find Babybel lights really good if I’m just a few grams short of my protein - 6g and 50cal in each piece.
I’ll give the Babybels a go.

I seem to remember crab sticks having a good ratio of protein to calories

Babybel wow, who knew? That's a mighty pack of cals and protein.

Hard boiled eggs. Do a big batch on the weekend so they are available all week. There is fat in the yolk but not at all in the white, so normally I give some or all of the yolk to the dog.

Don't use macro splits.

Work out a minimum protein and fat intake, then fill the rest of the calories you need with a mix of whatever split of p/c/f you wish.

Macro splits are limited in the sense that they'll give unnecessarily high amounts of certain macros if you're active.

Don't use macro splits.

Work out a minimum protein and fat intake, then fill the rest of the calories you need with a mix of whatever split of p/c/f you wish.

Macro splits are limited in the sense that they'll give unnecessarily high amounts of certain macros if you're active.
Even though I have a split on MFP, the protein one is the only one I really pay attention to. Is there a way of working out my fat requirements? Bearing in mind I’m aiming to shed fat rather than build muscle.

Back