macOS Mojave

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Banjo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Banjo

Banjo Goalkeeper

Anybody downloaded it yet? Any good?

2. A damn sight better than High Sierra which was so slow on my Mac as to be unusable. Haven't found any flaws so far (after about 10 days) and it looks very nice in Dark Mode.

Banjo likes this.
  3. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Goalkeeper

Who’s Marcos Mojave?

4. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Pretty much this for me. Seems to work a lot more smoothly...

Banjo likes this.
  5. Banjo

Banjo Goalkeeper

Thanks for that mate. Had similar problems with High Sierra myself so it sounds like a worthwhile improvement.

6. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

I haven’t downloaded it yet, but it cant be worse than the last one

7. t121anf

t121anf Full Back

Not noticed any real difference, other than I opted for dark mode, not sure I can live with dark mode long term though.

As my home Mac is to told for Mojave it's hard to tell.

8. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

I
    I’m stuck on snow leopard

9. It was so bad I went back to Sierra. I think it must have been disk issues because I used it with an external SSD and it was fine but Mojave seems to work well with my iMac (late 2013, 2.9 Ghz i5 CPU, 8gb ram) on the standard drive.

Not the worst option tbh. My old Macbook is still on Snow Leopard and it's as solid as a rock.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  10. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Mine won’t talk to my phone so I can’t take photos off en masse or use iTunes with it.
    And browsing is slow as shit .

11. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

I think the best OS’s were the ones named after big cats tbh. They’re just fannying about now.

12. Banjo

Banjo Goalkeeper

Jus finished download on my MacBook Air. The Dark Mode has certainly sharpened my screen. Like everything else I suppose it wil take a bit to get used to. Liking it so far.

13. AB22 Easy Tiger

I like the stacks, the ability to group by type, date or tag is useful.

14. spitfire

spitfire Striker

Got me first Mac a couple of months ago. Love it. Much better than windows 10

15. Dougal

Dougal Winger

High Sierra has been crap, however with Apple upgrades I've always found that the initial release usually has problems so have held back on Mojave. Macworld identified a few 'vulnerability issues' in the first two days, which is a major worry. Also, old apps (32bit?) probably won't work! From what you're saying here it'll be worth downloading, but I'm going to hold on a few more days just in case anything else comes to light!

16. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

Snow leopard was the best.

jedi_toaster likes this.
  17. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Actually, the one issue I had was that my old version of VirtualBox stopped working with the upgrade. Easy enough to update/reinstall but it wasn't clear why this was the case.

Dougal likes this.
  18. neiluk1985

neiluk1985 Central Defender

There's an app called NightOwl that changes between light and dark mode depending on the time of day

19. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Winger

I thought everything Apple related just worked out the box and was fantastic.......

20. AB22 Easy Tiger