Mackies corner area

When done the Labour council will send in an army of traffic wardens to the area as they always do.

The biggest problem in Sunderland is people like you, who just point blank refuse to see any positives & just moan about everything.

Moshpit did exactly the same on the auditorium thread, a positive story about a good addition to the city centre, and just wades in moaning about something else.

The biggest problem in Sunderland is people like you, who just point blank refuse to see any positives & just moan about everything.

Moshpit did exactly the same on the auditorium thread, a positive story about a good addition to the city centre, and just wades in moaning about something else.
Nail on the head some people seem to thrive on being negative about our city sadly.

No idea, before my time

I just heard when they announced they were renovating it that there was an old pub frontage under the cladding

Logon or register to see this image

This is at the side of the same building in pann Lane. You seen that before?
Would be good if the front was similar and it could be fully restored but I'm guessing the front is in a poor state hence the cladding

Isn't the side of that on the next block across which is the nail salon or whatever it is and not JJB?
When done the Labour council will send in an army of traffic wardens to the area as they always do.

Good! Stop people parking where they shouldn't.

Last edited:
Been absolutely dead round there for years.
There and Fawcett Street are desperate for a “pick me up”
The dole should be moved imo. Most people who use it don’t spend any money and just hang around the area looking scruffy. For the legit users of it the parking is a nightmare. They should shift it to an industrial estate and stick a free bus on from the city centre.

The dole should be moved imo. Most people who use it don’t spend any money and just hang around the area looking scruffy. For the legit users of it the parking is a nightmare. They should shift it to an industrial estate and stick a free bus on from the city centre.
Could always use the one in Southwick when you go.

It’s John st isn’t it? Suspect the job centre will move to Vaux site as part of the new civic scheme

Vaux site: Plans for new Sunderland public sector hub revealed - but no leases signed yet for the Beam

It’s John st isn’t it? Suspect the job centre will move to Vaux site as part of the new civic scheme

Vaux site: Plans for new Sunderland public sector hub revealed - but no leases signed yet for the Beam
the boot
Midfield

Dec 30, 2018
So there’s no tenants lined up?
Citizens advice and job centre iirc?
Inside knowledge Matty ere mind.

There’s loads happening in Sunderland atm and it seems to have been kick started by the bridge getting built. Or at least started.

Last edited:

Back