Mackies corner area

Kingdom Bhoy

Striker
With Mackies corner being developed possibly a bar amongst other things there the old Elephant tea rooms/ Bank of Scotland and the former Elizabeths cafe going to be cafe/bars the old JJB building opening as a pub again and the Central open again it's all happening around there. Well done Sunderland city council.

With Mackies corner being developed possibly a bar amongst other things there the old Elephant tea rooms/ Bank of Scotland and the former Elizabeths cafe going to be cafe/bars the old JJB building opening as a pub again and the Central open again it's all happening around there. Well done Sunderland city council.

Yeah hopefully this provides some help to connect sunniside as well and reinvigorate that. The hard part is trying to get the right tenants and offer in these buildings.

Next bit is to look at High St West between Keel Sq and Mackies corner area.

Yeah hopefully this provides some help to connect sunniside as well and reinvigorate that. The hard part is trying to get the right tenants and offer in these buildings.

Next bit is to look at High St West between Keel Sq and Mackies corner area.
Spot on that area between Keel Square and Mackies Corner needs addressing.

Are they taking the cladding off JJB?
Any pics of the original facade underneath? The pld frontage of the pub in pann Lane is gorgeous, would be amazing to have it fully restored if there is similar on the front of the building

Mackies corner looks like it's gonna collapse like

Any pics of the original facade underneath? The pld frontage of the pub in pann Lane is gorgeous, would be amazing to have it fully restored if there is similar on the front of the building

What I'd heard is the new pub has been delayed because abestos had been found and they had to resubmit plans for the frontage of the building and building work is now underway.

I hadn’t realised there was more to that building than being JJB/a shop. When did the cladding go up?

I hadn’t realised there was more to that building than being JJB/a shop. When did the cladding go up?

No idea, before my time

I just heard when they announced they were renovating it that there was an old pub frontage under the cladding

Logon or register to see this image

This is at the side of the same building in pann Lane. You seen that before?
Would be good if the front was similar and it could be fully restored but I'm guessing the front is in a poor state hence the cladding

When done the Labour council will send in an army of traffic wardens to the area as they always do.

Back