Mackies corner area

First time I had been in Sunderland City Centre for ages and Mackies Corner looked much better. That small area reminded me of Leeds with the boutique style shops and shopping arcade layout.

Shame there's a shabby looking nail bar across the road but Rome wasn't built in a day like. Whether Sunderland will ever get the footfall back is debatable . Most our household purchase stuff online to be fair and think most people are the same bar going to more busy city centres or retail parks

First time I had been in Sunderland City Centre for ages and Mackies Corner looked much better. That small area reminded me of Leeds with the boutique style shops and shopping arcade layout.

Shame there's a shabby looking nail bar across the road but Rome wasn't built in a day like. Whether Sunderland will ever get the footfall back is debatable . Most our household purchase stuff online to be fair and think most people are the same bar going to more busy city centres or retail parks
Elephant tearoom on the opposite diagonal corner is going to get a make over as well.

Elephant tearoom on the opposite diagonal corner is going to get a make over as well.
Up the main street past Macdonalds was grim like. Still, there is some nice elements doubted about the city . Just need linking together to help the appeal factor as when all isolated they'll likely go bust quicker. This is what happens with lack of investment I suppose

Last edited:

Back