M1 &M25 Speed Cameras going live today

For any one driving south I've just been reliably informed that these live speed cameras are going fully active today.. motorway limit 70 mph but these cameras are set at 72 mph with an automatic 6 points penalty sent out. If your caught doing 90 mph and its automatic ban.....

for info ......

I thought an instant ban was going 30 mph over the limit?

For any one driving south I've just been reliably informed that these live speed cameras are going fully active today.. motorway limit 70 mph but these cameras are set at 72 mph with an automatic 6 points penalty sent out. If your caught doing 90 mph and its automatic ban.....

for info ......
you get 3 points for speeding at 75 ish, not 6. 90mph maybee 6 pts, not a ban.

whoever invented SMART motorways is probably involved in the same consultancy that designed our home shirts last year.

Motorways were supposed to replace trains as the nation’s rapid transit system. What was the point if they’re going to keep lowering the limits?

They aren’t though in the main are they, national speed limit still applies to the vast majority of motorways and that is still 70mph for cars.
Aye, but there seems to be more and more smart ones popping up that change down to 50 if there’s a breakdown on the hard shoulder 200 miles ahead.

Herbal likes to do 90 the whole way though
Don't get me wrong I rarely look at the Speedo when there's no cameras about and its national speed limit, I just go whatever speed feel necessary at the time but generally stop at 100

However the SMART motorways are a good send when it's busy, would rather be constantly moving at 50 mph than end up stuck at a standstill because everyone flew towards congestion at 70mph

It'll be the same as every year. It's the same as the cameras on M42. I use that a fair bit and provided you don't do 80 plus you're usually fine. M25 tends to be a bit more brutal. I've seen people get flashed doing just over 80. Half the cameras aren't in operation on the gantries and the ones that are working are 24/7 either way. It's the newer average cameras that are a fuck on. We have them on M4 for 50mph and a lot of people get stuck on.

Due to speedometer calibrations you usually have a 10% +2, but with modern cars it's not as prevalent so you might find this starts to change. Basically, so long as you're under 96mph in a 70 you'll get 3pts and fine. Anything faster and you're going to court.

There are many cities here in California that are getting rid of them because there were too many issues with them. One of my coworker's told me that their neighbor got out of a ticket because he said it violated his constitutional rights as it put the burden of proof on him. I don't know if that's true but I can see someone making that case.

Herbal likes to do 90 the whole way though
90 is fine if the outside lane is empty. Above that you have to switch your brain to racing driver mode and it requires too much concentration to do it for any length of time.
It’s all well and good ze Germans having derestricted sections, but have you ever tried driving at 150+? No, neither have I :lol:
But I’ve done 130ish and if that speck in the distance slows down suddenly you’re on top of it in a second. You’d be mentally drained after driving like that for more than a few miles.

Back