M1 &M25 Speed Cameras going live today

molthemackem

Striker
For any one driving south I've just been reliably informed that these live speed cameras are going fully active today.. motorway limit 70 mph but these cameras are set at 72 mph with an automatic 6 points penalty sent out. If your caught doing 90 mph and its automatic ban.....

for info ......

For any one driving south I've just been reliably informed that these live speed cameras are going fully active today.. motorway limit 70 mph but these cameras are set at 72 mph with an automatic 6 points penalty sent out. If your caught doing 90 mph and its automatic ban.....

for info ......

I don't see how that can be correct.

Sentencing guidelines say that where it is a 70 limit and your speed is 71-90 the sentencing range is Band A fine and 3 points.

i thought there was a 10% leeway?
the letter i got from north yorkshire police (was done doing 80 on the A1(m)) this time last year said you would be offered a speed awareness course if you were doing 79mph to 86mph in a 70 mph speed limit...

i took that to infer that if you were doing 78 in a 70 (motorway) you'd not get done...

It's Facebook bollocks spawning all over.. I've had it 5 times today

the letter i got from north yorkshire police (was done doing 80 on the A1(m)) this time last year said you would be offered a speed awareness course if you were doing 79mph to 86mph in a 70 mph speed limit...

i took that to infer that if you were doing 78 in a 70 (motorway) you'd not get done...

They have never pulled at 80mph as long as driving conditions are fine and you are not driving like a nugget

for info ......

Who reliably informed... I want facts

the smart section ones have been live for a while now... originally was when the signs were on but it was at least year ago when they went on full time...
This ^

Sounds bollocks to me, they'd be no cars on the road shortly if everyone doing 72mph got points. Aside from the massive amount of admin it would cause, they couldn't cope with it.

Back