Lysine and Cold Sores

There is a developing school of thought that the cold sore virus and variants are the cause of Alzheimers in those with the APOE4 allele. Apparently some scientists think that as you get older the virus moves into the brain and causes the plaques. For that reason they are suggesting that those who get cold sores possible be needing to take the retrovirals as a matter of course in older age.

Hmm. There might be something in this. I've had cold sores for decades, but seem to becoming less regular. And size and amount of discomfort is reducing too. I used to just sufer them, but have used Zovirax for a long time now. If i use it early enough, they dry out and are no problem.

Is really tricky though as the virus hides in the nervous system rather than normal

Vaccinations are generally only useful if you have them before infection. They should be generating retroviral drugs and prescribing them as a matter of course for those infected to limit damage done by and reduce the chance of transmission. I have been arguing for years that many unexplained illnesses are likely to be caused by viral infection or other pathogens unidentified or otherwise written off as innocuous. Doctors have a habit of writing off infections on the basis of visible symptoms that cause annoyance. They rarely seem to make the leap to think what else could be happening that is more difficult to perceive.

With one of my relatives 6 out of 7 of their siblings that lived into adulthood had Alzheimer's disease before they were in their 70's. They tell us there are no actual inherited conditions that make it a certainty that it will happen, so there has to be some kind of environmental exposure to some kind of agent or pathogen that triggers this problem, be it HSV, HPV the common cold or something we do not know about because it produces no other visible symptoms. There might be plenty of pathogens that cause fleeting mild manifestations on internal organs that cause a lot of problems but we are unable or unlikely to detect.

Back