Lysine and Cold Sores

So you started to take of yourself better, including exercise? At the same time as the problems went away.

I can think of another reason why they went away mate ;)

Nope , just added an amino acid supplement to my diet having read something in a running magazine. Not sure my performance improved much to be honest but I do generally feel more alert and less bloated and added bonus seems to be a massive reduction in cold sores.

They’re an absolute piss take, only just got shot of one and another pops up like, bought some compeed patches today, any good?

They’re an absolute piss take, only just got shot of one and another pops up like, bought some compeed patches today, any good?
Sorry to hear that mate.

Ime, nope, nowt works

Zovriax helps if it hasn't come through yet, but once it has you're fucked

There is a developing school of thought that the cold sore virus and variants are the cause of Alzheimers in those with the APOE4 allele. Apparently some scientists think that as you get older the virus moves into the brain and causes the plaques. For that reason they are suggesting that those who get cold sores possible be needing to take the retrovirals as a matter of course in older age.

There is a developing school of thought that the cold sore virus and variants are the cause of Alzheimers in those with the APOE4 allele. Apparently some scientists think that as you get older the virus moves into the brain and causes the plaques. For that reason they are suggesting that those who get cold sores possible be needing to take the retrovirals as a matter of course in older age.
I read that the other day. Really pushed the need to get a treatment sorted.

Everything that's out there now needs funding. So nothing is happening

I swear by the compeed patches. Put one on as soon as you can once you know a cold sore is coming. I feel much more hygenic with them on as its contained. You can kiss your kids and eat and all sorts with no issues. I find they work like a plaster and if it's on soon enough then the sore doesn't have a chance to dry out, scab or swell, so they are much more manageable and look much less pronounced. When the patch starts to come loose or peel off then it needs changing. They've totally changed the way I feel about cold sores. I used to dread them. Now they are a minor inconvenience. I'd much rather have a very discreet patch on my lip than a big whacking scab.

I think I was the second post in the OP and I mentioned the laser light box thing that you've just been talking about... but I've actually stopped using mine as didn't think it was achieving anything. Just a second opinion for you, 18 months down the line.

I used to get them about 4-5 times a year then my mate told me to take a Berocca every day to stop them, I haven’t had one in over a year since taking his advice.

My mam used to get them quite often, contracted encephalitis from the virus of one, left with frontal brain damage and early onset dementia. That was 10yrs ago and now she has full blown Alzheimer's and is in the later stages. Not even 61.
No recognition of anyone, non verbal anymore, unable to do anything and have been in a care home for the last 2.5 years.

Hate the things me! :evil::evil::evil:

Back