Lyndon Gooch

Gooch should get a go at rwb imo. I like O'nien and he is better defensively but Gooch would offer more going forward and will try to take a man on, getting us higher up the pitch and creating more space.
O’nien isn’t too bad at rwb but I don’t understand why we haven’t gone and looked for a new rwb who can get up and down the pitch and do a job at both ends.

Burge
Willis Wright Xhemajli
Gooch O'Nien Scowen Hume
Maguire
Graham Grigg​

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!
Only problem is we all know Parkinson wouldn't dream of it.
If Summerbee reads this when you see PP next tell him this is the team the fans want , he'll win the league with it.
If he doesn't he can just blame us because it will be our fault anyway

Gooch should get a go at rwb imo. I like O'nien and he is better defensively but Gooch would offer more going forward and will try to take a man on, getting us higher up the pitch and creating more space.
Good idea but moving one player here or there is "deckchairs on the Titanic" stuff while PP is managing us. We're always heading for the iceberg.

Least of our problems
To me the defence is the least of our problems, only defender that I’d actively try and move on is McClaughlin. Flanagan isn’t brilliant but adequate and a perfect defensive sub. Questions over keeper but think we’ll be okay there overall. Commanding central midfielder and quick mobile forward away from being good imo. Obviously a bit of competition at LWB would be nice.

We have a chronic issue with lack of goals in the team.

Gooch has plenty limitations, but he was second top scorer last season. He does also have the ability to create a goal out of nothing. O'Brien looks like a good footballer but looks like he panics as soon as he is in the box.

We need to find a place for Gooch IMO.

So remove a player who is better defensively from a more defensive position, replace him and play someone out of position who is weaker defensively, because he’s a better attacking option, because he’s actually an attacking player?

Celtic done that at the weekend and it worked well with James

Conte has done it with Victor Moses and Ashley Young.

Wolves done it at the weekend with Adama Traore away at Sheff Utd.

It’s not a bad suggestion against the op if we are going to have a lot of the ball and a team are going to sit back for the last 20 and defend.

He's played there before. He's a total liability defensively. He gives away foul after foul. He gave away a foul (on a left back) that directly led to a goal at Wembley last year.
I actually think onien isn't any better than gooch at defending anyway. So yeah give it go!

Rubbish.

Who's better in the air? O'Nien easily.

Who gives away more fouls? Gooch easily.

Seriously some people need to actually watch games.

Last edited:
He's played there before. He's a total liability defensively. He gives away foul after foul. He gave away a foul (on a left back) that directly led to a goal at Wembley last year.

Rubbish.

He might have give away a foul leading to a goal, but playing at rwb he might create a few goals or score. Just think it might be worth a go especially when teams are hard to break down. Much more chance of gooch going past a man and causing the defence more problems than O'nien.

Rubbish.

I've watch every game home and away for the last 20 years. Onien's delivery of crosses and creativity for a wing back is lacking.

I've watch every game home and away for the last 20 years. Onien's delivery of crosses and creativity for a wing back is lacking.

We were discussing Gooch and his lack of defensive nouse.

I think O'Nien's delivery is decent. He's also scored a handful of goals in each of his first 2 seasons too, mainly from right back.

Don't really think Gooch is suited to be a RWB. He rarely stays wide, isn't a particularly good crosser of a ball, and has a tendency to charge about the pitch (he's good at this tbf in an attacking position).

In the limited bits I've seen, Diamond looks like a better choice. Just don't see how Gooch is going to work.

As if 'Parky' would try anything different.

He's got his system and his favourites, we've just got to live with it until hopefully someone buys the dumpy hobbler out and sacks him straight away.
You're f***ing desperate for this to catch on arent you? Long may it continue not to. It is personal abuse and completely lacking in class.

Back