Lyndon Gooch

Gooch should get a go at rwb imo. I like O'nien and he is better defensively but Gooch would offer more going forward and will try to take a man on, getting us higher up the pitch and creating more space.
I actually think onien isn't any better than gooch at defending anyway. So yeah give it go!
My god the board now ripping Luke Onein apart ,dear oh dear oh dear.I despair.
Say it like it is.

Last edited:
The other stat thread showed O’Nien is actually a very effective RWB that chips in with assists and goals. The way to improve the side isn’t to fuck about with positions that are filled perfectly adequately but to replace your two or three shittest players. For us they’re not in defence. FWIW Gooch could probably be a decent RWB but as he is also one of the few quick forward minded players at the club he would be better used in a forward position.
The what?

He doesn't.

It is.

He is nowhere near the first name on our sheet on talent. Nowhere near.

Are you sure you don't mean Graham Gooch? At cricket. In 1990?

Honestly baffled by this. He's a technically poor player, tactically limited, with a first touch that will limit him to this league or the lower reaches of the one above. At best. He does well for us because he is a grafter with a bit of pace and has good character. Not sure what outstanding talent you see.
I swear some people like the poster here watch a completely different game.

But that's the beauty of football I suppose.

Our only attacking threat last season was Maguire and Gooch, so what does the halfwit do, drops one of them and bring in a bloke who has missed at least 4 sitters in the last #2 competitive games.
I think Parkie/Donald would quite happily move Gooch on if there's a sniff of a reasonable fee

Gooch should get a go at rwb imo. I like O'nien and he is better defensively but Gooch would offer more going forward and will try to take a man on, getting us higher up the pitch and creating more space.
Honestly I just wish we would ditch this terrible formation and sign a right and left back.

Our only attacking threat last season was Maguire and Gooch, so what does the halfwit do, drops one of them and bring in a bloke who has missed at least 4 sitters in the last #2 competitive games.
I think Parkie/Donald would quite happily move Gooch on if there's a sniff of a reasonable fee

This. We have 2 match winners in the squad and the nugget reduces it 50%

Might have a re-sale value.

On current form and half of last season he’s been dour.

If an offer came in for him, it would be very tempting.

Team Dinosaur. IMO

As OP said, this is 100% not a bad idea if we’re trying to break teams down at home. I’m of the impression however that Gooch should be starting as an attacker anyway. And in addition, the useless cvnts who run the show should have signed a natural RWB ages ago.

Back