Lunch

What do you have for lunch ? Im trying to keep it healthy , but it gets boring sometimes and I end up going for the old reliable boring sandwich.

Any ideas ?

As always , thanks.

Usually make a big batch of pasta, curry or similar at the weekend then take that in for lunch.
I take leftovers in, usually from Sunday dinner.

I cook a chicken breast or some eggs the night before I have a gym session on a work day. Then I can take some bread to make a sarnie for after the gym.

I keep tins of tuna in my locker for when I’m low on prepared food.

I know this doesn't sound the most appealing, but I love sandwiches with baby gem lettuce leaves in place of bread. My favourite at the moment is goats cheese, pesto and salami.

Also love knocking up a crustless quiche with bacon, mushrooms, spinach etc and taking a big slice with some salad.

Also love knocking up a crustless quiche with bacon, mushrooms, spinach etc and taking a big slice with some salad.

I make a breakfast frittata on a Sunday with 6/7 eggs, cottage cheese, brocolli, spinach, bacon, onions, mushrooms, peppers, chili and garlic etc. Have put chorizo and potatoes in before as well. Really easy to make, perfect for a quick high protein breakfast, or does for lunch with salad. Good for using up all the veg in the fridge at the end of the week. Looks like this:
Logon or register to see this image

I make a breakfast frittata on a Sunday with 6/7 eggs, cottage cheese, brocolli, spinach, bacon, onions, mushrooms, peppers, chili and garlic etc. Have put chorizo and potatoes in before as well. Really easy to make, perfect for a quick high protein breakfast, or does for lunch with salad. Good for using up all the veg in the fridge at the end of the week. Looks like this:
Hoy your recepie up then!

Frittata's are great like. I just throw all the ingredients in raw tho then cook in oven for half an hourish.

Pot of soup with a tin of tuna is my normal weekday dinner.

I usually have a ham and salad sandwich, quite a bit of fruit and a yoghurt/muller rice. It is hard to know if that is healthy or not because nobody can seem to agree on the healthiness of bread. Some people say eat it because it is a filler, others warn of the carbs.

I was thinking of switching to bring in rice a couple of times per week, but I have read a few things saying rice is bad as it has a lot of carbs.

The conclusion I have reached is that nobody can agree on what healthy eating is, unless you only eat raw veg. I think I'll just try to avoid things that are obviously high in fat or sugar.

Back