Lunar Caravans in Administration

Possibly aye. Quite a competitive market really. Price an important factor for people. Was probably likely one of the companies would go.

As mentioned above too the future of touring caravans very much up in the air so may have had trouble refinancing etc too.

Flying Caravans are the way forward.

Righto, you don't really understand what's going on here but are motivated to deflect any suggestion that Brexit may be a contributory factor.

No worries, have a nice day.
Eh? As dirty as i feel agreeing with the resident plastic pig, wtf has brexit to do with how they are assembled? unless they are assembled in mainland europe?

Eh? As dirty as i feel agreeing with the resident plastic pig, wtf has brexit to do with how they are assembled? unless they are assembled in mainland europe?

It was about the effect the economic uncertainty is having on the current exchange rate and therefore the import of components - keeping in mind that British caravan manufacturers don't export the finished product.

It absolutely is not the whole answer though, and neither is quality - as both of these factors apply to all of the manufacturers.

Importing parts/ materials cost more due to the weakened pound which is a direct result of the 2016 referendum. I have no idea whether Lunar did actually import much if anything though so I think it is wildly speculative to blame brexit.

When we were looking at buying our current caravan we had a look in some of the new build ones that were 25k+. They looked beautifully built and excellent finishings and so they should for that price. Ours cost 7.5k and had some issues that I was able to solve/repair, similar model, spec and age caravan were 10k+. I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on a new one when we have mud and dirty constantly being brought in from the kind of places we camp at.

Importing parts/ materials cost more due to the weakened pound which is a direct result of the 2016 referendum. I have no idea whether Lunar did actually import much if anything though so I think it is wildly speculative to blame brexit.

When we were looking at buying our current caravan we had a look in some of the new build ones that were 25k+. They looked beautifully built and excellent finishings and so they should for that price. Ours cost 7.5k and had some issues that I was able to solve/repair, similar model, spec and age caravan were 10k+. I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on a new one when we have mud and dirty constantly being brought in from the kind of places we camp at.
All of the manufacturers import the components. Al-Ko for example are used for the chassis of all of them at the minute.

Yep. Brexit can be quite squarely blamed for the performance of the pound since the referendum. Huge crash. It started to recover but now as we lurch towards a Boris Johnson dictatorship and no deal it's slowly dying on it's arse every day.

If you're an importer this is a big issue.

With Lunar it's speculation as to why they went kaput.

Righto, you don't really understand what's going on here but are motivated to deflect any suggestion that Brexit may be a contributory factor.

No worries, have a nice day.

I am not trying to deflect any suggestion that Brexit is a contributory factor, I made that rather clear.

I will have a nice day thanks, packing for my holiday which doesn’t include shitting in a cupboard sized room then having to pretty much slop out.

:lol:

looks like a take over has been completed today saving all current jobs, which is excellent news. An official statement is still to come which will hopefully give information of whether warranties will be honored.

Back