Lumix GX7

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

not spavin

Anyone got / tried one?

Selling all my DSLR stuff to get one - torn between the GX7 or GM1.

Any of the Olympus jobs worth looking at?

Isn't this about the fourth time you've sold everything to buy something spav?

Me dad has one, he bought it to replace his DSLR and rates it. Personally Idon't think the IQ is a whole lot better than my (cheaper) GX1, although the built in EVF and adjustable LCD is useful. Surprised you aren't looking at the GH3 considering your interest in moving images

Me dad has one, he bought it to replace his DSLR and rates it. Personally Idon't think the IQ is a whole lot better than my (cheaper) GX1, although the built in EVF and adjustable LCD is useful. Surprised you aren't looking at the GH3 considering your interest in moving images

Ordered a Gx7 - seems the best all rounder, good trade off between size and features. Did consider the GX1 but the built in EVF swung it.

Very impressed with this so far. Low light performance is amazing (mind, I'm comparing that to rangefinders / old DSLRs) and it's great gadget anarl - faffing around with wifi tonight, using the iPad as a remote LCD, really impressive.

Class little thing. Only downside is that it's a bit plasticy. Can't see me missing the DSLR too much.

These things are miles better than old DSLRs. I only kept my Canons for astronomy use.

What's the maximum bulb exposure on the GX7 (125 secs on the GX1)?

These things are miles better than old DSLRs. I only kept my Canons for astronomy use.

What's the maximum bulb exposure on the GX7 (125 secs on the GX1)?

4 minutes. Not DSLR standard, but good enough. Suppose that's it; all the sacrifices from my D2X meant nowt to me anyway.

Absolutely love taking pictures and video with it, which it the point I suppose.[DOUBLEPOST=1391643077][/DOUBLEPOST]
The fuji gear is well worth a look too. Love my X100s, just waiting for the X-Pro 2 now.

Very nearly went for the X100s, deciding factor was the ability to use Leica lenses on the GX7. People shots on the X100s are just incredible.

Oooh look at me I have Leica glass etc. ;)

You can use just about any lens manually with MFT on account of the short register and availability of adaptors. I picked up a Canon FD 300mm/f4 L for a very reasonable price on fleabay - very sharp lens if you can be arsed with manual focus.

Oooh look at me I have Leica glass etc. ;)

You can use just about any lens manually with MFT on account of the short register and availability of adaptors. I picked up a Canon FD 300mm/f4 L for a very reasonable price on fleabay - very sharp lens if you can be arsed with manual focus.

You can (I think) use Leica R lenses on it too - only have the 1 Leica lens now, Summicron 50 M - but I could probably sell it, buy the R equivalent and have plenty left over.

You can (I think) use Leica R lenses on it too - only have the 1 Leica lens now, Summicron 50 M - but I could probably sell it, buy the R equivalent and have plenty left over.

Yep, I use r series 180mm f3.4 telyt apo on mine. used to own a summicron 50 r, wish i'd hung onto it. So am I right in thinking there is nothing between r and m series except size and price?

Yep, I use r series 180mm f3.4 telyt apo on mine. used to own a summicron 50 r, wish i'd hung onto it. So am I right in thinking there is nothing between r and m series except size and price?

That's my understanding (could be wrong mind).

The main difference is Leica snobbery. Rs aren't Ms so therefore cheaper, just as Canadian-made lenses are cheaper than Wetzlar-made ones, despite there being no difference whatsoever.

Sold it now but one of my favourite every lens was the 40mm Summicron C. It's about a 5th the price of similar Summicron Ms, mainly cos it isn't made in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back