Luke O'Nien

I expect he'll get a Championship club no bother tbh.
Not sure, possibly. Im not not sure he's shown he's capable of the step up. The fact he's so versatile will of course by attractive but I wouldn't say he's excelled in any position.

Fact is, he's been an almost ever present in seasons of abject failure. Wasn't it he who gave that stupid free kick away in the last seconds of injury time at Wembley?

I he stays then great for his versatility, if he goes then I certainly won't be shedding any tears.

But hes not a RB so im unsure the point your making, once he signs for a team who play him in his natural position he will flourish.
He is a right back mate. At some point we’ve got to say he is a right back when he’s consistently played in that position.
Not sure, possibly. Im not not sure he's shown he's capable of the step up. The fact he's so versatile will of course by attractive but I wouldn't say he's excelled in any position.

Fact is, he's been an almost ever present in seasons of abject failure. Wasn't it he who gave that stupid free kick away in the last seconds of injury time at Wembley?

I he stays then great for his versatility, if he goes then I certainly won't be shedding any tears.
Was ozturk I think mate but O’nien turned his back on the ball to allow the quick free kick and got done up the line. Was also wrestling someone outside the box when Purrington scored at the far post running into the vacated spot the right back should have been covering.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s on average the second best header at each club man :lol: Even going on a Squad of only 16 that’s approaching 400 players playing on a regular basis.

You can’t deny he’s good in the air. We watch him and can see it’s a strength of his. He’s got excellent timing. And the stats back it up too

If you don’t rate the lad fair enough, but you’re wrong to say he’s not a good header of the ball

Now can we discuss O’Brien, so we can all agree he’s shite ;)
Its absolutely criminal the stick he is getting in this thread while O'Brien is easily the least influential and the highest paid player at the club. O'Nien has moved from pillar to post and not complained once and been more than adequate in every position he plays in. He would easily get into every squad in the league. I don't blame him for wanting a better deal.

Its absolutely criminal the stick he is getting in this thread while O'Brien is easily the least influential and the highest paid player at the club. O'Nien has moved from pillar to post and not complained once and been more than adequate in every position he plays in. He would easily get into every squad in the league. I don't blame him for wanting a better deal.
how do you know he aint complained ?

Back