Luke Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the reaction from the players was a bit over the top like, he was clearly rattled but OK, he even walked off.

What happened? .....
A sweet as nut drive, full pelt into his forehead, on the follow through. Concussion confirmed on BBC text

He walked off with a towel probably covering a canny gash

Probably just as well it was a whiteball as they are meant to be a little more "spongey" than a traditional red ball (not sure if thats still the case mind).

Why were all his team mates just standing around 15 yards away with their hands on their mouths whilst a single physio attended :confused:. I know he wouldnt want a dozen crowding around him being hysterical but it still seemed like a weird reaction to me.

Probably just as well it was a whiteball as they are meant to be a little more "spongey" than a traditional red ball (not sure if thats still the case mind).

Why were all his team mates just standing around 15 yards away with their hands on their mouths whilst a single physio attended :confused:. I know he wouldnt want a dozen crowding around him being hysterical but it still seemed like a weird reaction to me.

He gets hit ... they run over to see he's alright... umpire frantically waves the physio on...Then the trained professional comes over and they back off

Seems a pretty normal one to me like

Bloody hell, awful that it happened but he was lucky as well. Scary really.
Yep. I told him he should more agile, the owld duffer. Had a massive lump on the side of his bonce. All been fine since the clot came out.

He's fucked off to Spain now and has found an ex pats league to umpire in!

Knows how to wind Yorkshire supporters up, a lot of our support are quite easy to wind up to be fair! Best wishes to the lad hope he's back playing soon.

Was at Edgbaston on Saturday night, the noise when it hit him was horrible. The whole crowd were kind of subdued, not seen anything like it before.

Was at Edgbaston on Saturday night, the noise when it hit him was horrible. The whole crowd were kind of subdued, not seen anything like it before.
Aye the skull rings like a bell if it's hit hard enough. I've only heard that sound twice but it is sickening as you say.

He's licky in a sense that he was hit on the forehead, if any part of the head is designed to take hard treatment it's there.

I noticed he's said that bowlers are afraid these days of being hit by the return ball to such an extent they won't bowl to batsmen in nets for fear of being injured. Something's wrong there, if it's too dangerous in the nets then the same should be true for on the pitch.

I don't know what the solution could be, I can't imagine any protective clothing or helmets that would work.

Aye the skull rings like a bell if it's hit hard enough. I've only heard that sound twice but it is sickening as you say.

He's licky in a sense that he was hit on the forehead, if any part of the head is designed to take hard treatment it's there.

I noticed he's said that bowlers are afraid these days of being hit by the return ball to such an extent they won't bowl to batsmen in nets for fear of being injured. Something's wrong there, if it's too dangerous in the nets then the same should be true for on the pitch.

I don't know what the solution could be, I can't imagine any protective clothing or helmets that would work.

I often worry for the bowlers who follow right through with their head dropping, a bit like Anderson does or used to do.

I know umpires have spoke about protection and they are a good few yards back, in a better position to see it, so maybe we do have to get something for the bowlers. Be really difficult to come up with something that won't impede their bowling action though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back