LPG/autogas vehicle system servicing in the North East

spoony

Striker
Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage that can service the fuel system on my campervan please? Lately it's started stalling at low revs and erratically idling. It shouldn't be doing this as its a automatic. Also it's started accelating poorly and feels underpowered and using more fuel than normal. However it's absolutely fine when running on petrol. Any ideas as to what the problem may be or where I can take it? Cheers.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage that can service the fuel system on my campervan please? Lately it's started stalling at low revs and erratically idling. It shouldn't be doing this as its a automatic. Also it's started accelating poorly and feels underpowered and using more fuel than normal. However it's absolutely fine when running on petrol. Any ideas as to what the problem may be or where I can take it? Cheers.
Don't you have to get it serviced annually? Shirley you can just take it to the same gadgies?

No one springs to mind.

Fred Henderson in Durham used do lpg conversions a while back and may be worth a call.

Don't you have to get it serviced annually? Shirley you can just take it to the same gadgies?

Most lpg conversions are aftermarket and a main dealer wouldn't necessarily have the gear or expertise.

Last edited:
No one springs to mind.

Fred Henderson in Durham used do lpg conversions a while back and may be worth a call.

Most lpg conversions are aftermarket and a main dealer wouldn't necessarily have the gear or expertise.
I don't mean a normal service, I mean the LPG kit getting serviced - I looked into getting one done a while back and they need to be serviced regularly as if it goes wrong, it goes really wrong!

I don't mean a normal service, I mean the LPG kit getting serviced - I looked into getting one done a while back and they need to be serviced regularly as if it goes wrong, it goes really wrong!

Ah, I see. Yes you are correct.

From experience that often doesn't happen.

It's usually routine servicing and fingers crossed on the lpg bit.

Cheers. I've just been reading and didn't realise they needed an annual service. Hopefully that can sort things out. It's certainly handy having the lpg as the fuel is around half the price of petrol and the van does around 21mpg!

Ah, I see. Yes you are correct.

From experience that often doesn't happen.

It's usually routine servicing and fingers crossed on the lpg bit.
I have a mate whose got a LPG Range Rover and he gets his serviced like, he's an engineer though and we tend to be a bit anal about that sort of stuff .

oh yes!!! Sis in laws partner had an lpg Range Rover, developed a leak, lit a ciggy one night and he had two cremations in a fortnight.....seriousy

Back