Loyalty points

I know a lot of people are worried about losing loyalty points with the current season ticket debacle. But I doubt an away game will go to loyalty points for a long while now.

Gone are they days of our away ends selling out before general sale

Plus all the high loyalty point holders will have done the smaller grounds

League 1 is killing our fantastic away support
Think this Covid19 will of made some people realise no I didn't need football. Imagine these poorly supported clubs in our league, I think they will be even smaller when it kicks off again. They'll need as many of our fans in their ground as possible just to help with survival.

Last edited:
how do you know the 3 year rule has gone?

seems daft, people will just build up points endlessly
Cos it didn’t get reset in Summer 2019
Didn't know that. What's the crack now then, just build up points forever?
Seemingly
Conversely we might see crowds being restricted and numbers limited when games first restart which might mean there are less tickets available.
Away tickets to be available should this cut ever be a factor?
Would love to see the Wimbledon allocation if they are still at Kingston

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are worried about losing loyalty points with the current season ticket debacle. But I doubt an away game will go to loyalty points for a long while now.

Gone are they days of our away ends selling out before general sale

Plus all the high loyalty point holders will have done the smaller grounds

League 1 is killing our fantastic away support

You are missing a huge point here mate. Even when fans are allowed back, I doubt away fans will be. They will prioritise seats for home season ticket holders and wont want people travelling large distances. Having away fans also requires extra stewards and possibly police. Those are required in massively lower numbers if you ban the away fans.

Getting a ticket for a Sunderland away game is a problem none of us will have for a very long time and probably not at any point next season. You are correct in the fact that is a problem for us as our away support is (or at least should be) a huge advantage.

League One isn't killing our away support as it was as good as ever leading upto the lockdown. Just look at Coventry at St Andrews just beforehand. Nothing wrong with our away support that day. The problem was the performance on the pitch.

Last edited:
played there in 2003 the day england won the rugby world cup. we got beat (at the footy) but was probably the best sporting day of my life.
I remember that day too, great high watching the rugby in a pub in Crewe followed by some utter garbage at the match. Think we lost 3-0

Back