Lower League Football is The Future

Mack62

Full Back
I said when we got rid of JR that it was a huge gamble. Yes his football wasn’t great but he had a system and a plan that ground out results. We were 3 points from automatic promotion, had beaten to half decent Premiership Clubs in the Cup and certainly did not look like a team that would lose 6 of its next 8 games against some poor opposition.

Unfortunately the installing of PP who had to mould players he inherited into his style of play was always going to be difficult with this squad of players. Sadly the string of results under his leadership have been nothing short of shocking, I fear that even with transfers we are destined for a long run in this league with a real threat of falling so far behind financially that out opportunity to recover may be long gone.

The icing on the cake was the shockingly embarrassing situation of a goalkeeper having to retrieve the ball from an empty stand on Saturday then nearly tripping on the way back down. It even seemed to touch Lee Clarke who stayed on NE News it was a very sad sight to see.

The Premiership memories are not that long ago, however, I fear we are light years away from anything near that right now.

I would like to think it couldn’t get any worse, sadly I think it will and it won’t get better for a long long time if at all.

Our once great club has hit an all time low, sadly become an also ran and in danger of falling into obscurity.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Back