Low - David Bowie

What I don’t understand is how what he allegedly did with Lori Maddox just gets shrugged off. Johnson got 6 years just for trying to do the same thing.

What I don’t understand is how what he allegedly did with Lori Maddox just gets shrugged off. Johnson got 6 years just for trying to do the same thing.
We were all still celebrating Johnson's goals after he'd been charged. He only became a pariah after he'd been found guilty.
Plus, none of his goals were as good as Young Americans.

We were all still celebrating Johnson's goals after he'd been charged. He only became a pariah after he'd been found guilty.
Plus, none of his goals were as good as Young Americans.
Fair enough but Savile was never even charged and that Harvey Weinstein was hounded out of his job and vilified months before being nicked. Couldn’t be anything to do with Bowie being the cool pop star and the others just being ugly old gadgies could it?

Fair enough but Savile was never even charged and that Harvey Weinstein was hounded out of his job and vilified months before being nicked. Couldn’t be anything to do with Bowie being the cool pop star and the others just being ugly old gadgies could it?

Maybe if he'd had lived as long as Gary Glitter you'd have found out?

Don’t get the obsession with Bowie like.
Seemed to get loads of new fans and be declared a genius after he died. TRUE.
Before that no one gave a fuck about him. NOT TRUE.

His 70sish run of albums is probably the only sequence capable of giving The Beatles a run for their money. Post Scarey Monsters if everything was cherry picked I doubt there’d be two albums worth of stuff in total to match it. Clean living and domestication will do that to a loon.

No, it's to do with subjectivity. Bowie made a few mistakes and had consensual sex with sexually mature but underage girls like most pop and rock stars of the time. Girls flung themselves at the stars.
Savile was a depraved beast that forced himself on children that weren't in a position to defend themselves over 50 years. Weinstein was a power-crazed sad bastard that manipulated women for his own pleasure over decades.

His 70sish run of albums is probably the only sequence capable of giving The Beatles a run for their money. Post Scarey Monsters if everything was cherry picked I doubt there’d be two albums worth of stuff in total to match it. Clean living and domestication will do that to a loon.
I kind of agreee, but Let's Dance and Modern Love are two of his greatest tracks.

Last edited:
No, it's to do with subjectivity. Bowie made a few mistakes and had consensual sex with sexually mature but underage girls like most pop and rock stars of the time. Girls flung themselves at the stars.
Savile was a depraved beast that forced himself on children that weren't in a position to defend themselves over 50 years. Weinstein was a power-crazed sad bastard that manipulated women for his own pleasure over decades.
Without getting too much into this there is no such thing legally as consensual sex with an underage girl. Johnson could have probably argued there was ‘consent’ for his activity in one sense. As for being sexually mature, it was apparently Maddox’s first time. I don’t think Bowie)s anything like Savile but there seems to be a blanket exemption clause for pop stars.

I kind of agreee, but Let's Dance and Modern Love are two of his greatest tracks.
I love Cat People too. Actually I love Absolute Beginners and Blue Jean and This Is Not America...
...But I think Iggy's version of China Girl is cooler than Dave's

Don’t get the obsession with Bowie like. Seemed to get loads of new fans and be declared a genius after he died. Before that no one gave a fuck about him.
Errrrrr yeah.

‘in 2016, Bowie's total worldwide sales were estimated at 140 million records. In the United Kingdom, he was awarded 9 platinum, 11 gold, and 8 silver albums, and in the United States, 5 platinum and 9 gold.

In 2003, six of Bowie's albums appeared on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. In 2004, four of Bowie's songs appeared on the Rolling Stone list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Additionally, four of his songs are included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.

In the BBC's 2002 poll of the 100 Greatest Britons, he was ranked 29.’

But apart from that, you’re right, no-one gave a fuck about him.

Errrrrr yeah.

‘in 2016, Bowie's total worldwide sales were estimated at 140 million records. In the United Kingdom, he was awarded 9 platinum, 11 gold, and 8 silver albums, and in the United States, 5 platinum and 9 gold.

In 2003, six of Bowie's albums appeared on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. In 2004, four of Bowie's songs appeared on the Rolling Stone list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Additionally, four of his songs are included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.

In the BBC's 2002 poll of the 100 Greatest Britons, he was ranked 29.’

But apart from that, you’re right, no-one gave a fuck about him.
I meant on here:rolleyes:

Back