Love Handles

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
I always laugh when people talk about calorie deficits. I lean towards the “endomorphic” end of the spectrum and if I’m eating properly for my body weight and have around 30g of protein with each meal, eating is a struggle and even getting up to 2000 (!) calories a day is hard work as I constantly feel full throughout the day. And I’m someone who as I said in my last post on this thread couldn’t give a shit about looking “lean.”

When I’m training, I need to eat 3000-3500 calories a day (at least) just to maintain my current weight, never mind put weight it on.

If people were eating properly, by which I mean eating staple foods and cutting out shit with empty calories and/or no nutritional value, the last thing they’d be thinking about is calorie deficits.
It's an absolute piece of piss to eat over 2000 calories a day whilst still eating "properly".

Bodies are different, person to person, and within reason they store fat in different places for individuals.

If you have "love handles" then you have an excess of fat. As has been discussed already the only way to lose fat is to adopt a calorific deficit. if you'd like to strengthen those areas then by all means perform some exercises that do that, but they won't "target" the fat in that area. There's no way of targeting fat either, if you'd like to reduce your love handles then you may need to sustain fat loss for a period of time until your body starts taking it from that area.

You will need to decide if you want to simply lose the love handles and maintain a largely similar body composition, if so then the above is the only advice you really need - if you want to make other adaptations and increase overall muscle mass and composition then it becomes a slightly more complicated discussion and elongated process, but not rocket science.

:lol: Stopped reading at ectomorph. There's no such thing. It was made up by a quack psychologist.

The point is certain body types store fat differently. Typically taller skinnier people tend to hold onto it around belly and waist. I've just cut down a few stone, really lean on my shoulders back and legs, even my ribs are sticking out! But still struggling to shift belly and waist fat.

Its generally the hardest area to cut down full stop. Just with 'ectomorphs' they can look really underweight and still have that fat there.

Although yes you are right somatypes are a bit pish.

Build big shoulders, lats and traps...... You’ll taper in for a classic V shape and suddenly anything you carry around the waist looks in proportion.

Also eat real food (anything that has one ingredient) nothing that’s processed. Keep your protein intake at a decent level and don’t eat too much.

It’s pretty simple, but it also requires some sacrifice and discipline.

One thing that put it into perspective for me was the way that the food industry targets you to make unconscious decisions constantly. If you went to a petrol station decades ago you were only going to buy petrol, now you subconsciously run a gauntlet of sweets and shite and suddenly have to make decisions on food despite only going in for petrol. If you’re aware that this is the game congratulate yourself on sticking to the straight and narrow when you do.

Back