Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

Can anyone recommend some good porters/stouts? Gone through a few nice ones lately, some Samuel Smiths varieties and a lovely St Peter's Plum porter.

been told today they've shut down, no idea if true. sadly it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, i've stopped going as it's shut more often than it's open, regardless of what hours it is meant to be open.
Wouldn’t be a surprise, always ran like the lads hobby rather than an actual business

Strange way to open/run a businessin that game you know youve either got to put in the hours or pay someone to..

i've got a few mates who've ran/run businesses. funnily enough those who open when they fancy, shut randomly etc all fail, those who consistently are open when their customers turn up wanting to spend money seem to succeed.

not sure if there is a connection like

i've got a few mates who've ran/run businesses. funnily enough those who open when they fancy, shut randomly etc all fail, those who consistently are open when their customers turn up wanting to spend money seem to succeed.

not sure if there is a connection like

Thats me and I work what hours I want but certainly put them in. Ie I could have a day with kids or at races n catch up on night or weekend.

To open a fecking shop and do that though is lunacy. An online store may be more his bag.

been told today they've shut down, no idea if true. sadly it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, i've stopped going as it's shut more often than it's open, regardless of what hours it is meant to be open.
Aye mate, he's decided to shut down. It was hard graft and not paying for itself. I've been in that situation and knowing when to jump is a skill I wish I had at the time. :lol:

Aye mate, he's decided to shut down. It was hard graft and not paying for itself. I've been in that situation and knowing when to jump is a skill I wish I had at the time. :lol:

That's a shame.

I have to confess to not using the place for a few months now as the shelves always seemed to be bare when I popped in.

That's a shame.

I have to confess to not using the place for a few months now as the shelves always seemed to be bare when I popped in.
No problem mate. When it was quiet it stopped him getting all the new beers he wanted which meant it would look bare, it's a vicious circle.
The supermarkets all jumped on the trend as well.
He's fine about it, tried it, didn't work like he wanted and so stepping off at the right time was the right thing to do.

Back