Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

There's not mind.

In some cases there are, depending what you like. There’s some decent stuff in Tesco (Vocation Life and Death) and Morrisons (Boston Tea Party) for less than £1.50 a can rather than paying twice that for Beavertown stuff. The blueberry waffle stout in Tesco is £3 a can and that’s a nice drop anarl.

I’m generally happy to pay top dollar for stuff and normally pop in Centrale in Newcastle if I’m through there shopping or even just dropping the bairn off at the station and spend £20+ on 6-8 cans but it’s all stouts/porters as supermarkets are shite for darker stuff.

Lou’s was poor for darker beers last time I was in, and my preferred time to pop over was always Saturday morning until they started opening later. If the opening times are erratic I’m glad I haven’t bothered lately. Shame like cos I’ve had some nice stuff out of there but I’m less inclined to make the effort in case a) they aren’t open or b) they are open but the selection is poor.

I’m generally happy to pay top dollar for stuff and normally pop in Centrale in Newcastle if I’m through there shopping or even just dropping the bairn off at the station and spend £20+ on 6-8 cans but it’s all stouts/porters as supermarkets are shite for darker stuff.

Agree with all of that.

In some cases there are, depending what you like. There’s some decent stuff in Tesco (Vocation Life and Death) and Morrisons (Boston Tea Party) for less than £1.50 a can rather than paying twice that for Beavertown stuff. The blueberry waffle stout in Tesco is £3 a can and that’s a nice drop anarl.

Not much variety still there mind. Plus, they never do Northern Monk stuff, which is always superb. Aye, the waffle is nice.

Sadly I felt that.

Tin hat on but theres similar gear half the price in major supermarkets now.
Supermarkets are getting worse by the day for real ale. There’s places I’ve been have halved their shelf space recently.

Lou’s was poor for darker beers last time I was in, and my preferred time to pop over was always Saturday morning until they started opening later. If the opening times are erratic I’m glad I haven’t bothered lately. Shame like cos I’ve had some nice stuff out of there but I’m less inclined to make the effort in case a) they aren’t open or b) they are open but the selection is poor.
What Tesco’s? Newcastle Road? Never noticed that before. Blueberry would exactly appeal, but I’ll try all the stouts & poters on the go regardless.

Back