Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

Nah, it flew out. He's got a Deya one on at the minute that's very similar. He got a keg of Triple Karmaliet today though so I reckon that'll be on tap next. :lol:
He's got 4 pumps now so there's summat for everybody.

:lol:
It'll be a few months yet for the northside branch.
If he wants a counter worthy of Fulwell High Street, give iz a shout.

still decent value for what you get. most good quality bottled sour beer at 7% would be £4 for 330ml bottle which would be over £6 per pint. and thats from a bottle. draught is better

handpump is king, i'm not a huge fan of keg stuff

Might as well ask here - in terms of Sunderland based breweries, what do we have? Any?

Darwin brewery/Brewlab down wearfield the only one i can think of. there is maxim anarl just outside houghton le spring

Last edited:
Aye? You got a link to information?

i assume he is on about the one i mentioned, darwin is the name of the brewery, brewlab is the training course side but it is all part of the same brand/organisation/whatever. it's round the back of bristol street motors more or less.

if you're interested in the courses mind i should warn you they are high end stuff, we're talking thousands of £

I know the bloke who is the ‘lab technician’ type bloke.

World renowned and expensive but top quality courses by all accounts.

Brewlab Brewing Courses Training and Analysis UK

i've heard good thinkgs like. went to the last open day, more to drink the beer than owt else, and got chatting to a lad who'd come up from southampton to do a distillery course there, was very happy with his time. chatted to the lass there [head brewer?] who seems dead canny anarl.

i've heard good thinkgs like. went to the last open day, more to drink the beer than owt else, and got chatting to a lad who'd come up from southampton to do a distillery course there, was very happy with his time. chatted to the lass there [head brewer?] who seems dead canny anarl.
Over the last few years I've met Italian lads, Canadians and Americans who have purposely come to do that course. The Italians and Canadians fitted right in, the Americans thought every fucker else was insane.

In for the first time in ages....seem to have less in, might be something to do with more fridges which might be taking up the shelving which took up the main two walls.

Got a few Weissbiers and odd ale.

Still doing ok ?

In for the first time in ages....seem to have less in, might be something to do with more fridges which might be taking up the shelving which took up the main two walls.

Got a few Weissbiers and odd ale.

Still doing ok ?
Aye mate. He's due a delivery early next week. We counted up about a week ago after 2 different deliveries and he had the most in he's ever had. It was pushing 200 different beers. The shelves seemed to empty in days. :lol:
The growlers are where it's at now. It really makes a difference from the tap.

[QUOTE="muggboots, post: 27234174, member: 28135]

That Verdant Pulp is topper.[/QUOTE]

They’ve just popped out a new batch of Even Sharks Need Water which is tasting spectacular. And their Cloudwater collab is basically the same but turned up to 11.

Haven’t been over in ages as Coppers is just too convenient for me passing it on my way home from the gym. Have a rare weekend to myself in the north east this weekend like so might have to pop over.

Back