1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Chicken Kiev, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Worth checking on Facebook (if you're on there) they'll often post if they're opening late on any particular day.

2. daedalus

daedalus Winger

You didn"t miss owt. He hardly had anything in, he was waiting on a delivery. I did get a couple bottles of Trappist- which was very nice.

3. I'm not on Facebook. About the only time I've ever been over is a Saturday morning. Cant be arsed to trawl through the thread but I seem to recall saying I probably wouldn't go much if they weren't open Satda mornings. Ah well.....Don't like trappist stuff so probably not missing much.

4. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

Any reason it’s not open today? Made a special trip especially and now heading home empty handed

5. Opens late now on a satda. Sure it was mentioned a few pages back. Annoyingly I forgot and had a wasted trip last week. Shame as I only ever went over on a Saturday morning.

6. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

Aye checked the Facebook page as well in case and it said 12. Had the day in front of the tele planned. Had to make do with a spree in Asda instead. Not quite the same

7. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

See theyve got the taps in now, take your own canister and get it filled up. Great idea. Couple of belters on now . Jakehead IPA at £6.10 per litre cannit gan wrang

8. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

What’s a growler...they’re on about taking yours in and getting it filled ?

Dirty pervy fuckers

9. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Growler fills of Jakehead :lol:

Can’t wait to see loads of plonkies on park benches in Barnes Park after going their ends on 6% IPA :lol:

10. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

The beavertown in the other pump is 6.7%. :lol:

11. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Only ever seen them in Tallboys in Leeds. Jugs a bit like the ones you get traditional scrumpy in. you then buy how much beer you want put in them. Probably have to pay an initial tenner or so for the growler.

12. Chicken Kiev

Chicken Kiev Central Defender

Bump!

Which Beavertown?

@ouro is walking distance to this, i can see him flattening his growler before he gets back home and having to go back for more

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    ouro likes this.
  13. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

Lupuloid

14. abinlid

abinlid Midfield

You can get them in coppers in gosforth, got one for the first time on Friday and got a throw away plastic litre bottle when I asked for on.

15. ouro

ouro Striker

I've been away at work for 7 weeks, I'm surprised the place hasn't gone bust....

Chicken Kiev likes this.
  16. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

I like the tap idea like. Reasonable too. £6.10 for a litre of Jakehead is quality.

17. Chicken Kiev

Chicken Kiev Central Defender

Couple of those and your on ya way mate!

Love Jakehead me like....

When its on in the Dun Cow i could just sit there all day next to that fire supping that

prehab26 likes this.
  18. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

Haha aye. Never tried the Beavertown one. Also, need to get myself one of this glass growlers

19. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

its a bargain. its £2 per bottle and probably better from a keg

20. prehab26

prehab26 Striker

Lous actually sell it at 3.30 a bottle anyway !